Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Being invited to be among the first to receive software updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we have finally received Tesla’s big gift to early adopters of FSD who overpaid, with Tesla explicitly claiming at the time that the price would only increase

This is some weird combination of sad and insulting. A case where no gift would be the better option, in my opinion.

18D3B317-A296-4CB8-8383-73A1DACD4BEC.jpeg

Doesn't everybody have this? I did not purchase FSD and I also have the ADVANCED option available.

They have different levels of Advanced software. Says in the email based on region and your status.

So early adopters get software A if they turned on Advanced. People without FSD gets software B if they turned on Advanced. Everyone gets software C if they leave it at Standard.

They have different levels of Advanced software. Says in the email based on region and your status.

So early adopters get software A if they turned on Advanced. People without FSD gets software B if they turned on Advanced. Everyone gets software C if they leave it at Standard.

that's what i kind of hope, that FSD early adopters would get stuff even before other people who have advanced turned on.

UI-wise I think it would be nice to put something there but I can see that wouldn't exactly be the first priority.

I ordered my dual motor with FSD June or July 2018 and received Sept 2018. When I received 2019.16.2 I selected advanced and I am still at 2019.16.2 so I question the validity of this email, which I received as well. It is frustrating when Tesla makes statements in email then do not deliver.

fwver.PNG

I ordered my dual motor with FSD June or July 2018 and received Sept 2018. When I received 2019.16.2 I selected advanced and I am still at 2019.16.2 so I question the validity of this email, which I received as well. It is frustrating when Tesla makes statements in email then do not deliver.

View attachment 418399

I'm very similar to this. Same build, have selected Advanced, yet watching all the hundreds get 20.1 without any indication. I'm not sure how much this feature really does what it says or at least leads one to believe. I'm not in a hurry based on the current listed Release Notes, but curious if it really works.

Additionally I do use TeslaFi, which I believe i read somewhere that EAP would not be made available to those that qualify but use a tracker like TeslaFi. Who knows...just spitballin.

So we have finally received Tesla’s big gift to early adopters of FSD who overpaid, with Tesla explicitly claiming at the time that the price would only increase

This is some weird combination of sad and insulting. A case where no gift would be the better option, in my opinion.

View attachment 418250

I have this option in my car and I didn’t pay for full self driving, I do have EAP.

So, there is no way to know if you are actually getting updates early... I've been stuck on buggy 2019.16.2 for quite some time. But I didn't receive the email and I bought FSD for 4K many moons before 3/1. Sent an email/help question to Tesla through online portal but I expect some unrelated bs generic response a few weeks from now, if at all.

So thinking about it more, I think Tesla technically still has wiggle room. And again this could be just the email and UI not being clear enough.

The first "FSD" feature that's coming out soon is Advanced Summon. The caveat about this though is that people who got EAP will also get advanced summon as well. So technically people who got FSD early are in the same bucket as EAP people.

If/when actual FSD features start coming out alter this year (or if Advanced Summon is considered a FSD feature in this context), I would expect it to roll out in this order:
  • Employees
  • Early Access (for Advanced summon we are currently here)
  • FSD Pre-March owners w/ software setting set to Advanced
  • Everyone else w/ software setting set to Advanced
  • Everyone else
It does seem like they did walk back a little with regards to being in the actual early access program. That being said I do kind of prefer this arrangement, if anything else I won't have to worry about NDAs and such (yea I see people breaking them by posting those videos, but I don't want to have to worry about Tesla legal contacting me).

Of course, whether Tesla actually follows the flow above remains to be seen...

So, there is no way to know if you are actually getting updates early... I've been stuck on buggy 2019.16.2 for quite some time. But I didn't receive the email and I bought FSD for 4K many moons before 3/1. Sent an email/help question to Tesla through online portal but I expect some unrelated bs generic response a few weeks from now, if at all.
I am also on 16.2 and got the letter yesterday (or day before). The letter is pretty clear after I read it a few times. 2019.20.1 has only gone to Model S/X with 100D and Model 3 in the US according to TeslaFI (at least until recently). I did notice they started to go with other models cars in Europe.

I do not believe 2019.20.1 has any FSD Features that the letter is talking about and that was talked about in the past. So, until they have FSD Features that were talked about in the past before the change from EAP/FSD to AP/FSD then this will have no affect.

And since 2019.20.1 at this point does not even match up to my group (Model S, 75D, AP2.5) then I think even the normal Advanced Setting would not apply to me.

The real proof could be weeks or months away before we start to see real FSD Features. I am talking about the Advanced Summon but more important to me is the Stop Light/Sign "real" detection where my car will stop and then start safely. Also, when it allows for NOA on city streets not just on freeways like it is now. Remember Elon said his personal car was already do this for Stop Signs and Lights. And this letter came out just recently so I think we will see this within 2019.

Reactions: super20g