Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Belgium and the Netherlands: Public Charging infrastructure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waarom gebruik je Shell Recharge? Dat is sinds de overname door Shell nooit interessant geweest.

Uiteraard zijn die volop winst aan het maken. Kennelijk kan het want mensen blijven het gebruiken :)
Omdat je er overal mee terecht kan.
De overname door Shell was leuk cashen voor de NewMotion mensen, maar inderdaad voor de gebruiker iets minder.

Het irritante is nog steeds dat transparantie van laadtarieven blijkbaar nog steeds niet goed geregeld is. Zit nu ook even te kijken naar andere laadpassen, maar echt wijs word je er niet van. Tenzij er een website of app is met de CPO tarieven, maar die heb ik zo snel niet kunnen vinden.

Reactions: SpaceWagon
Omdat je er overal mee terecht kan.
De overname door Shell was leuk cashen voor de NewMotion mensen, maar inderdaad voor de gebruiker iets minder.

Het irritante is nog steeds dat transparantie van laadtarieven blijkbaar nog steeds niet goed geregeld is. Zit nu ook even te kijken naar andere laadpassen, maar echt wijs word je er niet van. Tenzij er een website of app is met de CPO tarieven, maar die heb ik zo snel niet kunnen vinden.
Laadpas Top 10 | 100% onafhankelijk | Vind de beste pas voor jou ?

Thanks! Ik had een andere vergelijkingssite gevonden waar E-Flux ook bovenin stond. Binnenkort zal het pasje wel in de bus vallen.

Interessant dat Shell Recharge gemiddeld goedkoper lijkt te zijn dan E-Flux, ben dan wel benieuwd tegen welke kWh tarieven ze die 200kWh hebben berekend.

1684327759480.png

Even iets anders. Nu de kWh-tarieven voor electra al een tijdje aan het dalen is, zie ik nog geen tariefswijzigingen bij Shell Recharge voor het laden op straat.
De elektriciteit die je nu krijgt is aangekocht toen de prijzen nog hoog staan.
Klinkt dom, maar als ze dat niet deden, liepen ze het risico dat het nu nog veel duurder zou geweest zijn. Of dat er helemaal geen elektriciteit zou beschikbaar geweest zijn.
Dat heb je met speculeren. You win some, you loose some.

Reactions: Faiz71
De elektriciteit die je nu krijgt is aangekocht toen de prijzen nog hoog staan.
Klinkt dom, maar als ze dat niet deden, liepen ze het risico dat het nu nog veel duurder zou geweest zijn. Of dat er helemaal geen elektriciteit zou beschikbaar geweest zijn.
Dat heb je met speculeren. You win some, you loose some.
Dan speculeert mijn thuisleverancier een stuk beter dan de boys van Shell/laadpaalexploitant ;)
Of steken de extra winst gewoon in de diepe zakken. You win some, you steal some ;)

• Funny
Reactions: DuurzameHenk
The Shell Recharge costs this much because of a few reasons

It costs Shell a lot more to place those 4 or 6 chargers than it does Tesla to place 12.
Shell has a monopoly in the gas stations where they offer their recharge facilities
They are good at advertising their charge cards
They are an oil and gas company first. They are protecting their bigger business before they start making money on electricity

I was at a SuC in Germany where in front of Tesla SuCs were Fastned chargers, and there were a lot of Teslas charging there. I found that bizzare until I read about charge cards and leases and that incompatibility.

BTW, I tried the V2 SuC at Badhoevendorp and I could not get the Type 2 connector in my Model Y. The middle connector has a pointed prong that prevented that Type 2 connector (meant for older S and X) from going into my MY. The V2 SuCs I have seen always had a second CCS connector that would go into the MY

The Shell Recharge costs this much because of a few reasons

It costs Shell a lot more to place those 4 or 6 chargers than it does Tesla to place 12.
Shell has a monopoly in the gas stations where they offer their recharge facilities
They are good at advertising their charge cards
They are an oil and gas company first. They are protecting their bigger business before they start making money on electricity

I was at a SuC in Germany where in front of Tesla SuCs were Fastned chargers, and there were a lot of Teslas charging there. I found that bizzare until I read about charge cards and leases and that incompatibility.

BTW, I tried the V2 SuC at Badhoevendorp and I could not get the Type 2 connector in my Model Y. The middle connector has a pointed prong that prevented that Type 2 connector (meant for older S and X) from going into my MY. The V2 SuCs I have seen always had a second CCS connector that would go into the MY
I think there is here a too negative view off oil companies and Shell specially. They are commercial companies if they can make money they will do it. I don't think that oil companies are on this moment afraid for the EV's.
Next to that: Most petrol stations are not oil company owned, they are private companies with an Shell or other agreement. And most petrol stations make more money with the shop then selling petrol. So if people start charging at petrol stations they have more time buying unnecessary items for high prices in the shop.

Reactions: SandeepT
I think there is here a too negative view off oil companies and Shell specially. They are commercial companies if they can make money they will do it. I don't think that oil companies are on this moment afraid for the EV's.
Next to that: Most petrol stations are not oil company owned, they are private companies with an Shell or other agreement. And most petrol stations make more money with the shop then selling petrol. So if people start charging at petrol stations they have more time buying unnecessary items for high prices in the shop.
Then I wonder, why are they charging 69 cents (or more) while Tesla offers it at half price (for owners) and still a great discount for non-owners?

Type 2 connector is not ment for the Model Y and 3 to be used. Only the Model s/x which are from before 2022. Hence that's why there is that extra point in the connector to prevent this.

Dat laatste klopt als een bus, het is vaak drukker bij de kassa voor de broodjes dan bij de reguliere kassa bij Shell Haerst (Zwolle ) :cool:

Het worden straks gewoon broodjeszaken met een zootje laders voor de deur

I don't think that oil companies are on this moment afraid for the EV's.
Ik heb ook geen schrik om te sterven, maar ik zal er alles aan doen om het te vermijden.
Most petrol stations are not oil company owned, they are private companies with an Shell or other agreement.
Maar die laatste lopen wel met het meeste geld weg.

Waarom zou dat zijn?
Tesla makes its own Superchargers in its own factories. The cost of making thousands of these is thus lower than buying a few of these one by one by different companies. This is the same reason why only Tesla and BYD is making money selling EVs.
Tesla plans lots more charging stations in one go than do the other providers. Fastned might be an exception but not by much.

Tesla makes its own Superchargers in its own factories. The cost of making thousands of these is thus lower than buying a few of these one by one by different companies. This is the same reason why only Tesla and BYD is making money selling EVs.
Tesla plans lots more charging stations in one go than do the other providers. Fastned might be an exception but not by much.
Van Tesla weet je zeker dat ze geld verdienen, maar volgens mij verkoopt BYD ook een heleboel PHEV, splitsen ze dit ook uit? Oftewel verdienen ze ook daadwerkelijk geld met hun EV's? Serieuze vraag, voor zover ik weet is Ford een van de weinige die hier eerlijk over is en die stevenen af op een verlies van 4 miljard dit jaar.