Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Aftermarket Spoiler for MYP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen a lot of issues on this forum and elsewhere regarding the Carbon Fiber spoiler that comes on the MYP. From what I've seen, there are tons of lifting issues, and often the spoilers will lift just days/weeks after being installed/replaced. There are tons of aftermarket ones available but just wanted to see which ones people have tried and what some of the best ones available are. The main thing I'm looking for is one that won't need to be replaced every few weeks or months.

Lol if I can't find one that is highly recommended for reliability, I may have the PPF installers leave the spoiler off without installing an aftermarket one after they remove the OEM one to do their work haha
My spoiler was very loose on left side. I was getting full body ppf and considered asking detailer to not reinstall spoiler. They said they could make it stick. It has been 2 weeks and spoiler is still firmly attached. Time will tell.

The best spoiler on the Model Y is no spoiler.
I am moving toward your view; I do love the look but they, or at least my one, are fiendishly difficult to stick on.
My detailing firm know what they are doing but when I picked up the car, the spoiler was already lifting and was removed with little effort.
They have offered to refit it using a special adhesive which will require the car sleeping-over to allow for the curing of the glue.

I am not sure I want to be without her again, so I may call it a day spoiler-wise for now.

Yours, disappointed but not inconsoleable.

Any solutions (no pun intended) as to the best method of DIY reattachment for aftermarket spoilers like mine ?

I would imagine that Tesla would sort out the OEM spoilers.
I can recommend one; Just had it accidentally tested by my wife who backed into a wall, causing some damage including the rear spoiler; It didn’t budge at all, still firm.. just ordered a replacement as the car is going to a shop to get fixed..
D0D78FDF-01B2-4BEB-AEF9-3BC9B67A3B8F.jpeg

Ouch! I hope that your wife was OK. Also,did the sacrificial spoiler save the body!

My Y arrived on 29 June and I cannot express how much I am loving it.

We are both Team Red, though I have naked Gemini 19' with lug covers and centre hub covers. The spoiler is matt and if I must buy another, maybe I will go for the CF look.

I have just written to Tes..ian to express my disappointment with the "performance"of their product and have requested support and advice.

PS My wife hopes that your wife was OK....after you saw the damage:D

Last edited:
Ouch! I hope that your wife was OK. Also,did the sacrificial spoiler save the body!

My Y arrived on 29 June and I cannot express how much I am loving it.

We are both Team Red, though I have naked Gemini 19' with lug covers and centre hub covers. The spoiler is matt and if I must buy another, maybe I will go for the CF look.

I have just written to Tes..ian to express my disappointment with the "performance"of their product and have requested support and advice.

PS My wife hopes that your wife was OK....after you saw the damage:D
Thank you.. she’s fine, was preoccupied with grandkids while backing up from garage.. 😬 Insurance is covering all damage. Enjoying the Tesla every day.. 👍🏻