Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best car to have in nuclear war scenario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I expect the EMP from a nuclear detonation will mess up my Model 3 (and all modern cars), any ideas on what car would still be operable after a nuclear attack? Guess something with no electronics at all?

Genuine question.

And then there's this study that concluded with the statement:

"According to a study conducted by the United States EMP Commission, only about 1 out of 50 vehicles are likely to be rendered inoperable. The effects of an EMP on hybrid and electric vehicles, however, have yet to be studied and is currently unknown."

Reactions: Kenners
I’d guess something made of depleted uranium but a challenger probably runs at about 2 gals to the mile of diesel..
Best option is to turn your garage into a faraday cage.
Reality is that the UK is too small for you to drive anywhere to safety.
Here's your strategy:

As a kid I remember my dad's 1966 Vauxhall definitely had instructions about adjusting points, timing, carbs etc in the manual and I think the 1968 Rover did too.
Now the most complex technical advice is “do not drink the contents of the battery”.
As a species we’ve come a long, long way, innit….

I expect the EMP from a nuclear detonation will mess up my Model 3 (and all modern cars), any ideas on what car would still be operable after a nuclear attack? Guess something with no electronics at all?

I've been researching. We are 100% OK, Tesla have a fix. The wing mirror mounts are made from a single aluminium billet...so very strong. Simply drill two holes (while we still have electricity) to bolt eyelets on there. Then another two holes in the A pillar. For SR's and LR's ,the reins of the cart-horse can then passed through the eyelets and doors to the cabin thus giving the driver complete control. For the performance version, a range of ex-race horses will be readily available. Regrettably, there will be some degradation in terms of acceleration and top speed on both versions. Those who have already subscribed to FSD will receive a smart carriage whip with which to encourage their horse from the comfort of the cabin. Those without will have to shout loudly...strangely enough, much like those with FSD do today.

Genuine question.
Car?

article-2017721-0D1DEF0D00000578-845_634x374.jpg

flintstonescar.jpg