Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Deal I have found for winter tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not those specifically, but I have had a couple sets of continental tires in the past (plus my X has them from the factory), and they’ve always been good quality and decent lifespan. YMMV
Ive read the Continental winter contact SIs are great. Better in snow than xice. I’m deciding between the two since they both seem to last awhile. The R3s being new, don’t have any history regarding longevity.
I’m leaning toward the Continentals.

I just bought a set of x ice 3 with 80%+ tread on them (measure between 8/32 and 9/32)....$500, can't beat that.

There is another set on Kijiji in Toronto FYI. They look ok, but check them thoroughly. Posting as a PSA to help out. Take it or leave it ;) given they have been posted for a while you can probably talk the guy down. But even at 650 that's 1/2 price of new and if these do have 80% tread it's a great deal.

On my last set of X-ice 3 I drove about 25k km on them, and they still have 75% tread. These things wear extremely well. Had them on my last 2 cars.

michelin x-ice xi3 235/45r18 80%tred left set 4 | Tires & Rims | City of Toronto | Kijiji

Price: $ 650

Here's another set on Kijiji...I messaged the seller over the weekend before I bought a set and he just replied that they are still available.

***WINTER Set of 4**** 235/50R18 Michelin X-Ice 2 ~~~ VW Tiguan Chevrolet Impala ~~~ 70%tread | Tires & Rims | Toronto (GTA) | Kijiji

They are slightly larger (~ 3% larger diameter...50 vs 45 sidewall) than OEM tires, but I believe they should still work. They are also a previous generation X-ice (2 vs 3), but for $240 and 70% tread that's pretty sweet as its about the cost of a single new xice 3....

Just noticed this ad on Kijiji as well....a quick read through and it does look like some pretty good deals....maybe the folks that were talking about group buy could pool together and get a further discount here?

I would be in for that if there is interest:

Please view this ad:

Tesla Model S / Model X / Model 3 Winter Tire + Wheel Packages (Winter 2018-2019) ***WHEELSCO***,
Tesla Model S / Model X / Model 3 Winter Tire + Wheel Packages (Winter 2018-2019) ***WHEELSCO*** | Tires & Rims | Ontario | Kijiji
Just noticed this ad on Kijiji as well....a quick read through and it does look like some pretty good deals....maybe the folks that were talking about group buy could pool together and get a further discount here?

I would be in for that if there is interest:

Please view this ad:

Tesla Model S / Model X / Model 3 Winter Tire + Wheel Packages (Winter 2018-2019) ***WHEELSCO***,
Tesla Model S / Model X / Model 3 Winter Tire + Wheel Packages (Winter 2018-2019) ***WHEELSCO*** | Tires & Rims | Ontario | Kijiji

I’ve heard back from Jeremy at wheelsco. This is what they’ll do for a group of five or more.

I have discussed the potential of a group buy deal with the owners. As we are currently running an early-bird promotion where alloy wheel and tire packages are eligible for a $100 discount after tax what we could do would be an additional $50 on top of that as well if there were five or more potential members looking to. Package would need to be purchased in full in before October 20th in order to qualify for these discounts. Anything past that date I may definitely still be able to do some sort of discount for group members and group referrals. I have included some wheel options below for you to review with pricing included. These prices do not include HST or tire recycling fee ($3.30 per tire) and tire pressure sensors would be $250/set. I hope this info helps and if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to contact me!
235/45R18 Continental WinterContact Si - $900/set
mail

DAI Renn 18x8.0 +35et Graphite - $699/set
upload_2018-9-18_9-57-23.jpeg

SuperSpeed SS03 18x8.5 +35et Matte Black or Matte Gunmetal - $799/set
upload_2018-9-18_9-57-23.jpeg
mail

Fast FC04 18x8.0 +30et Titanium or Gloss Black - $839/set
Cheers.
Jeremy

I’m sure other brands and tires are available. The prices above do not include the discount. I confirmed that in a follow up email. So we need five people.

• Informative
Reactions: jjtsl
Other brands are available:
Tesla Model 3 Winter Wheel + Tire Package (Winter 2018-2019)***WheelsCo***

18" Wheel Options: Option A: 18x8.0 DAI Renn (Photo 2)- $699/set

Option B: 18x8.5 OE+ HT01 (Photo 1)- $699/set

Option C:18x8.5 SuperSpeed SS03 (Photo 3+4)- $799/set

Option D: 18x8.0 FAST FC04 (Flow Formed, Photo 5) - $849/set

Option E: 18x8.5 SuperSpeed RF03RR (Flow Formed, Photo 6) - $995/set

235/45R18 Winter Tire Options:

(Prices below do not include HST or OTS fee)

Bridgestone Blizzak LM001 - $1090/set

Continental WinterContact Si - $900/set

Dunlop Winter Sport 3D - $1150/set

Dunlop Winter Maxx 2 - $840/set

Falken EuroWinter HS449 - $710/set

General Altimax Arctic 12 - $800/set

Gislaved NordFrost 200 - $880/set

Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice WRT - $950/set

Hankook W320ICept Evo2 - $920/set

Michelin X-ice3 $1070/set

Pirelli W240 SottoZero Series 2 - $1070/set

Toyo Observe G3 Ice - $920/set

Toyo Observe GSi6 - $1015/set Receive $100 off your tax-in total with the purchase of an alloy wheel and tire package between September 10th and October 20th Receive $50 off your tax-in total with the purchase of a set of 4 winter tires only between September 10th and October 20th All wheel and tire packages come with complimentary mounting, balancing and plastic tire bags

Shipping available Canada wide.

Tire Pressure Sensors available for $250/set

Feel free to contact us with any further questions!

Wheels Collection Ltd Address:110 Cidermill Ave Unit D1 Vaughan, L4K 4L9, Ontario Call: +1 905 482 9803 Mon - Fri 10am-6pm Sat -

• Informative
Reactions: jjtsl
Other brands are available:
Tesla Model 3 Winter Wheel + Tire Package (Winter 2018-2019)***WheelsCo***

18" Wheel Options: Option A: 18x8.0 DAI Renn (Photo 2)- $699/set

Option B: 18x8.5 OE+ HT01 (Photo 1)- $699/set

Option C:18x8.5 SuperSpeed SS03 (Photo 3+4)- $799/set

Option D: 18x8.0 FAST FC04 (Flow Formed, Photo 5) - $849/set

Option E: 18x8.5 SuperSpeed RF03RR (Flow Formed, Photo 6) - $995/set

235/45R18 Winter Tire Options:

(Prices below do not include HST or OTS fee)

Bridgestone Blizzak LM001 - $1090/set

Continental WinterContact Si - $900/set

Dunlop Winter Sport 3D - $1150/set

Dunlop Winter Maxx 2 - $840/set

Falken EuroWinter HS449 - $710/set

General Altimax Arctic 12 - $800/set

Gislaved NordFrost 200 - $880/set

Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice WRT - $950/set

Hankook W320ICept Evo2 - $920/set

Michelin X-ice3 $1070/set

Pirelli W240 SottoZero Series 2 - $1070/set

Toyo Observe G3 Ice - $920/set

Toyo Observe GSi6 - $1015/set Receive $100 off your tax-in total with the purchase of an alloy wheel and tire package between September 10th and October 20th Receive $50 off your tax-in total with the purchase of a set of 4 winter tires only between September 10th and October 20th All wheel and tire packages come with complimentary mounting, balancing and plastic tire bags

Shipping available Canada wide.

Tire Pressure Sensors available for $250/set

Feel free to contact us with any further questions!

Wheels Collection Ltd Address:110 Cidermill Ave Unit D1 Vaughan, L4K 4L9, Ontario Call: +1 905 482 9803 Mon - Fri 10am-6pm Sat -

Thanks for the information, I'm interested. I don't think the tire prices above include the current manufacturers' rebates right? So can you confirm that the group buy discounts are on top of the tire manufacturer's rebate?

I grabbed a set of x ice 3's already, but still interested in rims. Maybe the group buy discount will still apply for that? If so, count me in for some rims...will need to look at them to decide first though...I'm debating getting a nice set and swapping the aero rims over to the winter tires in one shot....

Just to let you guys know Costco just posted a set of winter tires that would fit the model 3 (235/45/18), pretty good price. They have listed the Michelin X-Ice Xi3 for $234.99 and $15.00 each wheel for tire install ($60.00). $234.99 is a pretty good deal in my opinion for Michelin's and Costco offers free rotation, balancing, and flat repairs + nitrogen inflation.

Kal Tire was able to do a price match as well if you would like to go there instead, $60.00 for tire installation. They offer essentially the same services such as free rotation, balancing, air, and flat repairs for life of wheel. Also, with the price match they will not accept any other discounts, coupons, etc. I have asked about TOCO discount.

Advantage with Costco, however, is that you get the Road Hazard Warranty.
Advantage with Kal Tire, you get 2 CFL tickets with purchase of Michelin's + Chance to win trip to see Grey Cup? Not too sure if applicable with price matching.

Sorry if someone has already posted something about Costco.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Muskol and pcons
Just to let you guys know Costco just posted a set of winter tires that would fit the model 3 (235/45/18), pretty good price. They have listed the Michelin X-Ice Xi3 for $234.99 and $15.00 each wheel for tire install ($60.00). $234.99 is a pretty good deal in my opinion for Michelin's and Costco offers free rotation, balancing, and flat repairs + nitrogen inflation.

Kal Tire was able to do a price match as well if you would like to go there instead, $60.00 for tire installation. They offer essentially the same services such as free rotation, balancing, air, and flat repairs for life of wheel. Also, with the price match they will not accept any other discounts, coupons, etc. I have asked about TOCO discount.

Advantage with Kal Tire, you get 2 CFL tickets with purchase of Michelin's + Chance to win trip to see Grey Cup? Not too sure if applicable with price matching.

The biggest downside to Costco though is trying to book an appointment with them. This is true in the GTA, outside of the GTA may be better. YMMV I suppose.

I was at Costco Dundas and they told me they don’t install tires on Tesla cars.

Did anyone have a different experience?

Michelin - X-Ice Xi3 and Pirelli - WINTER 240 SOTTOZERO SERIE II been on costco website for a while. It's nothing new. Just search by tire size and filter the results by season. There are more option available if you walk in such as Bridgeston Blizzak and even SOTTOZERO III.