Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Deal I have found for winter tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard Kal Tire Vaughan had a better deal going than Downtown.

I'm getting the Nokian WRG4s quoted at $1169.37 incl. inst/bal/tax. Since these can be used during summer too, I will install next week. The plan is to keep them year round, but I might change my mind if they do poorly during warm weather.

The price previously was $255 + $15 install fee + Tax. Now it’s $271 + $15 fee + Tax. Turns out the other Kal Tire stores complained since Vaughn hoarded all the tires and they can’t compete on price either so the District Manager told them to change the price back ‍♂️

Heads up, continental winter contact si are on sale at Canadian Tire for 199.99 with a 65 rebate for a set of 4. 735 for a set of 4 after rebate I just grabbed a set. Can't beat that deal... Good luck!

Screenshot_20180929-130517.png

Heads up, continental winter contact si are on sale at Canadian Tire for 199.99 with a 65 rebate for a set of 4. 735 for a set of 4 after rebate I just grabbed a set. Can't beat that deal... Good luck!

View attachment 339159
Yep, it’s a great deal if you’re ok sourcing rims, sensors and install elsewhere. Before committing to the group buy, I saw this price last weekend and went in and asked about rims and sensors. They won’t install on Teslas yet they’ll charge for it if they put the tires on rims. You still need to fine someone to actually put them on your car.

Thanks for the info. I reached out to local KalTire if they can match it. I would go with KalTire over CanadianTire, any time. They don't seem to have them in stock and they'll get back to me. fingers-crossed!

I'm getting TPMS from Tesla and new set of rims from WheelWiz (Replika R187) for the summer. So, I'll use OEM rims with winter tires. I'm hoping KalTires can do the match and get the tires before November; which is fine for Vancouver area. :D

Thanks for the info. I reached out to local KalTire if they can match it. I would go with KalTire over CanadianTire, any time. They don't seem to have them in stock and they'll get back to me. fingers-crossed!

I'm getting TPMS from Tesla and new set of rims from WheelWiz (Replika R187) for the summer. So, I'll use OEM rims with winter tires. I'm hoping KalTires can do the match and get the tires before November; which is fine for Vancouver area. :D
Im curious: if you swap summer and winter rims (use Aeros as winter and new as summer), do they charge you effectively 2x the mounting cost (ie, 120 instead of 60)?

Most Canadian Tire don't even have them in stock. I got lucky. Actually bought a set online at Richmond Hill, but Burlington had 1 set that didn't show online. Just got back from buying the Burlington ones and cancelled the order from Richmond Hill. No other Canadian Tire showed stock in the GTA, so I would just but the ones in Richmond Hill to secure the price .

You can always return to Canadian Tire of you get the price match.

Im curious: if you swap summer and winter rims (use Aeros as winter and new as summer), do they charge you effectively 2x the mounting cost (ie, 120 instead of 60)?

Most Canadian Tire don't even have them in stock. I got lucky. Actually bought a set online at Richmond Hill, but Burlington had 1 set that didn't show online. Just got back from buying the Burlington ones and cancelled the order from Richmond Hill. No other Canadian Tire showed stock in the GTA, so I would just but the ones in Richmond Hill to secure the price .

You can always return to Canadian Tire of you get the price match.

I like the look of R187 and I got some curb rashes on OEM rims; so.... yeah. :oops:
It will cost me more to mount/install the tires to swap them around. Oh well.... I guess I will order a set from CT if I don't get an call from the KT today.

View attachment 339159

Do you know this tire works for model 3? When I check for compatibility, it doesn't show up. And there are two different product codes for the size 235/45/18 98h.

Do you know this tire works for model 3? When I check for compatibility, it doesn't show up. And there are two different product codes for the size 235/45/18 98h.
Yes, they are the OEM size and load rating. Canadian Tire just does thave it in their system yet. The 2 product codes was confusing to me as well, but I snapped this picture of the screen at Canadian Tire. Note the comment that says they replaced one product code with the other...hope this helps.

IMG_20180929_115733.jpg

Edit: just as a double check I looked at the load rating and speed, it's 98 XL load rating and H speed, which is the same as the Michelin x ice tires that Tire rack recommends for the model 3.

Last edited:
Yes, they are the OEM size and load rating. Canadian Tire just does thave it in their system yet. The 2 product codes was confusing to me as well, but I snapped this picture of the screen at Canadian Tire. Note the comment that says they replaced one product code with the other...hope this helps.

View attachment 339240

Edit: just as a double check I looked at the load rating and speed, it's 98 XL load rating and H speed, which is the same as the Michelin x ice tires that Tire rack recommends for the model 3.

Thanks. Kal tire refused the price match noting that the product codes/sku# are different. Oh well, i guess I'll order a set from Canadian tire.

View attachment 339240

Actually, the manufacture part numbers do match with KalTire. I will drop by there and show them the screen shot of it. I would prefer to install it at KalTire as well. Thanks!!!

My local (Toronto east side) CT wouldn’t touch a Tesla so I think it’s mutual

Went and grabbed the tires at CT in Kanata - too good a deal to pass up. I'll put off getting them installed somewhere until late October.

I asked them about Teslas and apparently the store manager has a Tesla and they definitely work on them. I assume if they can lift an S/X they can lift a 3?

Reactions: Liquidmetal101