Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Deal I have found for winter tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at Costco in Markham last weekend and they quoted me $250/tire for Michelin X-Ice XI3. They gave me a pretty informal quote (a print out of the tire info with a price written by hand), but I just looked at the Costco website and they list the XI3s now @$234.99, as you say. That was not there last week when I checked, they only listed Pirelli winters.

I decided to go with Kaltire in Vaughan (Concord), who are still offering the Nokian R3's for $255/tire. Thanks to those here who had previously mentioned the Vaughan Kaltire deal. For those still interested, it's only the Vaughan location offering it and I was told they'll only be doing it until the end of the month. I put my deposit down today and the next batch of tires are coming in next month. I've got a Kaltire walking distance from me, but I'll have to get my tires done in Vaughan this year and I'll switch to the closer one after that.

From kaltire vaughan:
Wheels in that size retail for $250/wheel. Out suppliers don't even have a listing for wheels that are direct fit for this vehicle, nor do they have a listing for steel wheels.

regards,

Kiru Senthilnathan

Mechanical RSE./ Sales & Service

[cid:0480c8fa-99ed-4de3-83a7-e2cf236c766e]

395 Creditstone Rd

Vaughan, ON L4K 1NB

Ph:905-669-2969
This is why I went with wheelsco for the group buy.

For those of you looking for rims, I found a decent online visualizer that actually has the model 3....virtually every one doesn't have it. Tire rack also has one, but it doesn't really do the model 3 justice. This one is pretty decent, though none of the rims on it really tickle my fancy that much:

https://asp.wheelpros.com/CarfiguratorLink/index.html#!lang=0&year=2018&make=1164&model=2435&size=18.0 Inch Wheels&go=1&body=0&tab=wheels&page=1&color=45696&wheel=6712&wheelimage=24769

I'd say right now these are my favorite on this visualizer, but I think I'll end up going with the ones below this pic, which isn't on the visualizer.

upload_2018-9-21_9-12-10.png

upload_2018-9-21_9-13-6.png

I found a thread on the main model 3 page showing some beautiful rims on a white. I'm looking for something that emulates this look:

Aftermarket Wheels on Model 3

upload_2018-9-21_9-14-54.png

These are 20" rims and the car is lowered, so wont look quite the same on 18"s, but I'm digging the bright rims on the white...

Reactions: fidodido
For those of you looking for rims, I found a decent online visualizer that actually has the model 3....virtually every one doesn't have it. Tire rack also has one, but it doesn't really do the model 3 justice. This one is pretty decent, though none of the rims on it really tickle my fancy that much:

https://asp.wheelpros.com/CarfiguratorLink/index.html#!lang=0&year=2018&make=1164&model=2435&size=18.0 Inch Wheels&go=1&body=0&tab=wheels&page=1&color=45696&wheel=6712&wheelimage=24769

I'd say right now these are my favorite on this visualizer, but I think I'll end up going with the ones below this pic, which isn't on the visualizer.

View attachment 336803

View attachment 336804
I found a thread on the main model 3 page showing some beautiful rims on a white. I'm looking for something that emulates this look:

Aftermarket Wheels on Model 3

View attachment 336805

These are 20" rims and the car is lowered, so wont look quite the same on 18"s, but I'm digging the bright rims on the white...
A similar look to the pic you posted could be the Dai Alloys Autobahn
Here is a link to the pic of the rim:
Google Image Result for https://www.1010tires.com/images/wheels/super/DAI-AUTOBAHN-SM-3234_lg_super.jpg

A similar look to the pic you posted could be the Dai Alloys Autobahn
Here is a link to the pic of the rim:
Google Image Result for https://www.1010tires.com/images/wheels/super/DAI-AUTOBAHN-SM-3234_lg_super.jpg

Thanks for the link....there are so many rims out there its a bit overwhelming....I've never been a rim person, and used steel rims on all previous cars, but that isn't an option with the model 3 so if I am going to spend the money on new rims, may as well get something I like :)

Reactions: Falkirk
What's the consensus here. I'm stuck between the Nokian and Michelin xice3.

I was having the same debate. Consensus seems like they're both great winter tires, but Nokian's are often viewed as the best... though it's much harder to say by how much. They cost a bit more, so if you're willing to pay the premium, go for it. If not, go for the cheaper XI3's and you'll still have some of the top winter tires. Seems the XI3's at $235/tire at costco are a pretty good deal and there's probably an additional rebate coming next month too.

Just to let you guys know Costco just posted a set of winter tires that would fit the model 3 (235/45/18), pretty good price. They have listed the Michelin X-Ice Xi3 for $234.99 and $15.00 each wheel for tire install ($60.00). $234.99 is a pretty good deal in my opinion for Michelin's and Costco offers free rotation, balancing, and flat repairs + nitrogen inflation.

Kal Tire was able to do a price match as well if you would like to go there instead, $60.00 for tire installation. They offer essentially the same services such as free rotation, balancing, air, and flat repairs for life of wheel. Also, with the price match they will not accept any other discounts, coupons, etc. I have asked about TOCO discount.

Advantage with Costco, however, is that you get the Road Hazard Warranty.
Advantage with Kal Tire, you get 2 CFL tickets with purchase of Michelin's + Chance to win trip to see Grey Cup? Not too sure if applicable with price matching.

Sorry if someone has already posted something about Costco.
How come I don’t see this deal your referring to on the Costco website.