Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who recently got loans through Tesla, what documentation did they require? I'm helping my father-in-law get his Y...he is retired and get Social Security as well as a good pension but he only has documentation at his second home which is hours away. Do they make you upload statements or anything?

I got two Tesla loans recently but I can't remember. :(

For those who recently got loans through Tesla, what documentation did they require? I'm helping my father-in-law get his Y...he is retired and get Social Security as well as a good pension but he only has documentation at his second home which is hours away. Do they make you upload statements or anything?

I didn't need to upload anything. I financed the entire amount.

Reactions: preilly44

I think it depends on the borrower and the bank. US Bank did not ask for any documentations but chase asked for a utility bill as proof of residency (could be downloaded online).

Got a loan back in January, the it expired while we waited for Tesla to deliver. Tried to reapply but got rejected for having to many credit inquiries. There has been literally zero inquiries for any loan since 2015 besides this car. I guess we are a bad credit risk. So we bought the car outright.

Is there a way to change the loan terms on the web? I click through the buttons, but it doesn't actually update the math, so I'm not sure that it's actually changing the terms successfully. The rate came back so low, I want to go to 100% finance and use the money I would've put down towards our other car, which has a little bit higher rate. It's 2.49% right out of the gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.