Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best screen protector kit?

Raiders

Mar 14, 2020
Guam
I don’t notice a huge reduction or alteration in video quality. Admittedly, I don’t watch a ton of Netflix in my car. The matte screen reduces a lot of reflections and also has a nice texture when you’re touching the screen. It’s probably one of my favorite aftermarket items I have purchased for my Y.

SEndicott

May 18, 2020
Colorado Springs, CO
Is the matte noticeable when watching netflix or youtube videos? I understand it would help reduce any glare on the screen which would improve the visibility, but what about without glare? Does it noticeably degrade the picture quality?

The matte is MUCH better in my opinion. I have white interior and without it, it is practically impossible to watch anything with direct sunlight hitting the seats. With the matte, I barely notice the seats. Admittedly is does cut down on the brightness slightly, but not enough to say it makes it unwatchable. I am used to it now, and do not notice that big of a difference anymore.

Reactions: dbdb

craybeard

Jul 17, 2018
VA
How well do the AO glossy and matte screen protectors fare when wearing polarized sunglasses?

I have the HD glossy screen protector from AO installed. There is a rainbow effect on the far right side of the display when I wear my polarized sunglasses. It’s not a deal breaker but it’s there.

Reactions: chengka

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC