Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best way to tell you're getting a good CPO deal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you quickly analyze if a deal is good? Do you look at original MSRP and then try to see how much of a discount there is vs the number of miles used etc?

Just wondering what the best way is to tell you're getting a good deal. I know from the main CPO thread that it sounds like the best deals were in Dec 2015 so I may wait until Nov/Dec 2016 to start looking more intently but just trying to get a sense of what I should be looking for.

How do you quickly analyze if a deal is good? Do you look at original MSRP and then try to see how much of a discount there is vs the number of miles used etc?

Just wondering what the best way is to tell you're getting a good deal. I know from the main CPO thread that it sounds like the best deals were in Dec 2015 so I may wait until Nov/Dec 2016 to start looking more intently but just trying to get a sense of what I should be looking for.
Best way IMO is to pay ev-cpo.com to get the price history. It is like $5 or so for a month. Check with Hank the developer. You will get a good idea of how cheap your car is compared to what others are getting last year.

Reactions: Az_Rael
You can check KBB.com and get an idea what one is worth without CPO. If you get the carfax, it will have a calculator available to estimate current value. Mine is valued at 3K more than I paid, plus I have a CPO warranty.

Best way IMO is to pay ev-cpo.com to get the price history. It is like $5 or so for a month. Check with Hank the developer. You will get a good idea of how cheap your car is compared to what others are getting last year.

THIS. By paying the fee, you also get access to custom alerts. You can set up an alert for your criteria and watch the cars as they are added. I am doing this now, as I can't buy until November. So far, I have seen two of my perfect cars selling for $54/$55k and the rest are above $60k. One that was $58k for months just dropped in price down to $55k. So I now know that if one pops for $55k, that is a "good deal" vs the cars with the same options listed for $60k.

TeslaInventory.com is totally free and allows you to see the price history. After registering, you can see in a few clicks how some cars have had their prices lowered by $40,000 or more (in Canada). Several weeks ago, during the "surge", there were many listed in the U.S. which had been marked down $20,000 or more. You can sign up for free alerts so that you are instantly notified when new inventory or CPO cars are added to Tesla's site.

I don't think there are any "good" deals right now based against historical prices

I guess it depends on what you are looking for. I want an S85 with pano and both folding mirrors and parking sensors - the cheapest one of those cars has sold for is $52K and that happened this month. Now, if you are in the market for an S60 - yes, those cars seem overpriced.

I am hoping that once AP 2.0 is announced, we see a drop in prices on the CPO site for the non-AP cars, which will then be two generations behind. Crossing my fingers that happens by November when I am ready to buy :)

Reactions: davidc18