Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bethany, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Headed down to KC Service Center from Des Moines on Monday and went 65mph the whole way and made it with 15 miles to spare on a trip charge in my 75D. On the way back went the same with 1/3 of the way at 67mph and 11 miles to spare. Little warmer coming back at the start of the trip out of KC. When I hit Iowa the miles went down pretty quick as it was getting colder in the evening. On the way down, I stopped by and the manager at the Kum & Go said it should be up and running by the end of next week. Not a fun trip with all the charge warnings.

Reactions: IdaX and RobK
Why is Kingman to Flagstaff a problem? 149 miles uphill. 50-55KWh your car should make that. In a 100d I didn’t blink an eye on that stretch. June though.
Going late Dec with full load. Looking at A Better Route Planner with 300Wh/mi ref, at 25F, 600lbs, clear roads, estimates 100>11% for the trip at max speed of 63mph.
Driving in past in ICE vehicle, we've seen snow and wind. ABRP doesn't get us all the way with those conditions.
But, S75 has exceeded my expectations so far...range anxiety decreases the longer I have it - 6months now.

Just about ready.

Attachments

• 0D93744A-3806-4280-B145-F85F105E68FD.jpeg
    0D93744A-3806-4280-B145-F85F105E68FD.jpeg
    719.7 KB · Views: 152
For anyone who goes by in the future, pictures of the back-end hardware area showing the cabinets and transformer as well as any poured concrete pads which are empty or showing conduit coming up through them would be appreciated. Thanks!

I stopped by on Saturday 24 November and did a quick video review. You can watch it at:
Thanks for the video. We are definitely in need of this charger on December 22 when we travel from Independence SpC to West Des Moines SpC (195miles). If the temperature is low and the wind out of the North it's nearly an impossible trip without slowing to a crawl.
Michael, how about another trip and another video of the details going on there?

Just spoke to Tesla KC and Kum N Go in Bethany....SC will be operational this Wed, 5 Dec. If not, by Friday.
Tesla said it will show up on car immediately as it is activated.
Good...driving thru there on Sat and temps in low 20's and possibility of snow.

Excellent news. I've been wanting to plan a trip from Duluth to Bella Vista, AR and, having had my model 3 LR only a couple of weeks, I'm still unsure about those long stretches. Thanks for the update.

I hope your right about the timing, as I want to use it Friday for a trip. However, I doubt it will show in the car's navigation right away considering Saint Joseph location has been operational for a few weeks and doesn't show up.

That is indeed strange. St. Joseph, MO does not show up as active on the Tesla SC map but you are saying that it is in fact working? I wonder what process does Tesla have to sync the SC with NAV system and SC map?

Tesla will update all nav screens as soon as (within a day) it’s officially open. I suspect St Joe isn’t in the nav for the same reason there have been multiple reports of it not delivering full power or even half the expected power. The latest on that thread was that it worked fine (for the last person that tested it), so maybe Tesla is making progress on correcting whatever issues that site was experiencing.

• Informative
Reactions: RobK