Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beware EV's Republic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EV's Republic, Rancho Cordova, California. My in person visit. Three attendants at their desks behind computers. I talked about a future battery replacement for my 2016 Model S. One aspect of the conversation threw up a red flag. We could not agree on battery range for the replacement 90-kilowatt hour high voltage battery.
He insisted I could expect over 330 miles with a replacement 90kwh battery.
I very much said "No way".
He then said, "look here", spun his monitor around to show me an instrument cluster photo. You see, 332 miles of IDEAL range.
I said "Jeeze, IDEAL range means nothing". (I recall just under 300 miles for the new 14 module "true" 90 kwh battery).
And with that, he looked back at his computer and our conversation was OVER.
So, was their sales pitch, slimy, or dishonest, or misleading, or perfectly honest? My thoughts were, if they deceive about range, what other scam-ets are they pulling?
And of course, I will not return to them when my high voltage battery dies.

• Helpful
Reactions: brainhouston
Another recent MS owner who got a 90 kWh replacement pack from EV's Republic showed me screenshot of 328 miles at 100% SoC. Asked owner whether it was ideal or rated. More to follow.
I’ve called them
Before what I get from them is definitely not most transparent
But if you know what you want and avoid their warranty plans they may be okay
Especially operating in California they are going to little pricier then the other guys

Reactions: NV Ray
EV's Republic.... Stay away just stay away. I had them check if the speed sensor was dry in 2017 S. I paid $250 got no picture. "it was dry" Come to find out today that the rear cover was never removed by them. Rocks and debris fell out of the cover and the bolts were not touched. This place is not to be trusted. They lie and charge way too much for nothing.

EV's Republic.... Stay away just stay away. I had them check if the speed sensor was dry in 2017 S. I paid $250 got no picture. "it was dry" Come to find out today that the rear cover was never removed by them. Rocks and debris fell out of the cover and the bolts were not touched. This place is not to be trusted. They lie and charge way too much for nothing.
I've made the owner Mr. Kushnir aware. Do you have invoice of work performed? How did you find out afterward? Did you have a second look?

EV's Republic, Rancho Cordova, California. My in person visit. Three attendants at their desks behind computers. I talked about a future battery replacement for my 2016 Model S. One aspect of the conversation threw up a red flag. We could not agree on battery range for the replacement 90-kilowatt hour high voltage battery.
He insisted I could expect over 330 miles with a replacement 90kwh battery.
I very much said "No way".
He then said, "look here", spun his monitor around to show me an instrument cluster photo. You see, 332 miles of IDEAL range.
I said "Jeeze, IDEAL range means nothing". (I recall just under 300 miles for the new 14 module "true" 90 kwh battery).
And with that, he looked back at his computer and our conversation was OVER.
So, was their sales pitch, slimy, or dishonest, or misleading, or perfectly honest? My thoughts were, if they deceive about range, what other scam-ets are they pulling?
And of course, I will not return to them when my high voltage battery dies.
My 1014116-00-c battery was supposed to display 305 miles brand new in a 2015 model s 85D

345 ideal at 90% calculating to 100% would be 383

First time I charged to 100% I got 304, it was a few weeks after getting the battery

My 1014116-00-c battery was supposed to display 305 miles brand new in a 2015 model s 85D

First time I charged to 100% I got 304, it was a few weeks after getting the battery
Hmm, New 85 kWh packs are rated at 265 miles. You sure you're not looking at ideal range? Or did you uncork to 90 kWh?

Thanks to all,

I have edited my post to mention that it does charge our 2013 S to 80 amps so the dial is for sure set at 80 amps : it's got to be something else :)

When did you get the new battery? Was it a warranty replacement? How much degradation does it have since you got it new?

From Tesla? That's news about the 100 kWh option for a MS85. Thx. I asked back in 2022 but my Tesla Service Center said no.
Every service center gives different answers. Ymmv
My closest service center still tells me I can only replace the battery pack with the same one as the old one, and the bigger ones use more space/don't fit/whatever I'm sick of them.
When did you get the new battery? Was it a warranty replacement? How much degradation does it have since you got it new?
17,500 plus tax, it charges to 284 miles today, about a year and a half later. I've put about 35,000 miles on it. 4 years 50k mile warranty

• Informative
Reactions: ran349 and NV Ray
Every service center gives different answers. Ymmv
My closest service center still tells me I can only replace the battery pack with the same one as the old one, and the bigger ones use more space/don't fit/whatever I'm sick of them.

17,500 plus tax, it charges to 284 miles today, about a year and a half later. I've put about 35,000 miles on it. 4 years 50k mile warranty

So in 18 months and 35k miles it went from 304 to 284 miles of capacity / 6.6% decrease in capacity?

(asking as an owner of a 2016 90D with the gen 1 of that battery, looking at a current capacity of 260ish when full; and also from looking at a used 2019 100D from tesla for $32k but no free premium connectivity and no free supercharging)

IMO the real question is "how's it supercharge?" -- mine still supercharges fine -- from 20%-70% in 15-20 minutes (or "trip to get or get rid of coffee" while charging)

It's usually suspension that keeps tesla from installing a 100kWh battery.

Reactions: NoeNx2Nuting
It's usually suspension that keeps tesla from installing a 100kWh battery.

That was the reason given...but not a lot of people accept that response. The weight difference between an 85kWh pack and 100kWh pack is about 175lbs, or less than the weight of an average American male.

So in 18 months and 35k miles it went from 304 to 284 miles of capacity / 6.6% decrease in capacity?

(asking as an owner of a 2016 90D with the gen 1 of that battery, looking at a current capacity of 260ish when full; and also from looking at a used 2019 100D from tesla for $32k but no free premium connectivity and no free supercharging)

IMO the real question is "how's it supercharge?" -- mine still supercharges fine -- from 20%-70% in 15-20 minutes (or "trip to get or get rid of coffee" while charging)
Definitely less throttled than the old battery but definitely not 15-20 minutes.

This pack supports way higher charging speeds than the rest of the outdated components in the car do. The best charge rate I've seen so far has always been at v2 charging sites, and I've seen 122kw at 38%... my guess is the cables are thermally throttling the speed, also 350v vs 400v means more heat. It never reaches 120kw when plugging in at low soc

Last edited:
(or "trip to get or get rid of coffee" while charging)
🤣
.. The best charge rate I've seen so far has always been at v2 charging sites, and I've seen 122kw at 38%... my guess is the cables are thermally throttling the speed, also 350v vs 400v means more heat. It never reaches 120kw when plugging in at low soc
saw 170kw on v3 SC