Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beware of the Blob

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm loving my new S70D. When I picked it up on 7/22, I thought I was thorough in finding any issues with the paint. Till my friend yesterday pointed out this 3/4" blob of paint under the passenger side taillight. It looks like either the robots painted over some tape, or a giant drop of paint congealed to form what looks like a horribly botched touch up.

I immediately took it to the service center to have this documented, and (this being my first experience with service) found the process totally painless. They will set up an appointment with the body shop, I'll drop it off at the SC, they'll give me a loaner, and that should be that.

Impressive, especially if all goes as explained. I'll report back on the actual service results.

I'm having the detailer put the Opticoat on, and in his opinion, the defect occurred due to damage after the factory paint job. He thinks they tried to touch up damage from the transportation.

If that's how they touch up, I cringe at how they fix real problems!

20150806_221416.jpg
Yeah I'm curious to look at it too.:wink:

To the left of the flash reflection. About the size of a quarter.