Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big price drop - LR down $10k, Plaid down $21k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You could also say the prices are back down to where they should be after demand was "artificially" inflated by a shortage in supply of cars across the industry. Tesla was just trying to take advantage of the situation and raising prices to increase margins like many dealers did (and still do for some models). If so, at least they were transparent about it. The price is what it is, no surprises.

I chewed a few fingernails off wondering if my dealer would jack the delivery price of my Lightning last summer (they didn't, whew). Tesla does some scummy things, but I think they've been on the level with pricing. That said, I don't read the pricing and delivery forum.

Price cuts overnight aren't a surprise but the surprise is the amounts. I don't have the heart to tell my buddy who recently got a new Plaid; this is the second time a dramatic price cut has occurred just after he bought a new Tesla. Funny... just yesterday I was talking to somebody else who is getting the i7 and we talked about how the interior and overall quality is so much nicer in the BMW and at a similar price, albeit without the crazy Plaid acceleration. The person will take the i7 regardless because he is much more focused on luxury but these Tesla cuts will definitely stimulate lots of new discussion and comparisons in the luxury EV space.

No real price decrease, they just took Enhanced Autopilot out of standard features and made it a $6k option.

Base Model S is still $100,990, but this effectively lowers the "cost" of FSD significantly since the delta is only $9k.

Screen Shot 2023-01-13 at 10.10.58 AM.png

That’s not correct. You must have added it.
Exactly.

I added it because we need apples to apples. You can't just say they lowered the price without mentioning they took away a major feature. Anyone with an S wants Enhanced AP, so once you put that back in you are at the same $100k price that most have paid over the past year.

Prior to this change, EAP was included.