Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bittersweet goodbye

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, this happened
FB_IMG_1458265251610.jpg

So, Blue Persuasion has been sold, to a good home where she will be loved. The new owners are immediately taking her on quite a road trip, and I know they are going to enjoy every minute of their adventure! I'll take comfort in knowing she isn't far away, and she's in good hands.

Sadly, this leaves me Tesla-less for more than a month! LoL Rick has been incredibly generous in loaning me a Jetta. With manual transmission. And 90hp. And I'm so thankful to have it, since #1 it's free ( or just the price of at least a few dinners out, and Crown and 7's), and #2 it will REALLY make me appreciate my new Tesla when it arrives. (No offense, Rick).

Life doesn't suck...

During your withdrawal period, we could meet at Mimi's for a drive. We are looking forward to having Blue Persuasion. She has become an "In the family" car. My daughter has already claimed first rights if my wife ever gets a newer one. In reality, I suspect this will be one of the 200,000+ mile cars. I am banking on the Giga factory offering a 120Kwh pack in 5 years when the factory warranty runs out. I feel the Model S series will be like the NSX. The body will outlive all the original owners. The rest of the car is technology, and will only improve with time.

Thanks again for selling Blue Persuasion to us.

John

During your withdrawal period, we could meet at Mimi's for a drive. We are looking forward to having Blue Persuasion. She has become an "In the family" car. My daughter has already claimed first rights if my wife ever gets a newer one. In reality, I suspect this will be one of the 200,000+ mile cars. I am banking on the Giga factory offering a 120Kwh pack in 5 years when the factory warranty runs out. I feel the Model S series will be like the NSX. The body will outlive all the original owners. The rest of the car is technology, and will only improve with time.

John
I look forward to hearing about your adventure to New Orleans! I'm a little jealous, as I always am when someone I know takes a Tesla road trip. I guess I'll have to start planning my first one in Vapor (the jury is still out on the new car's name, but LoL Rick threw this one out there and so far it's the frontrunner).

Congrats, I know you know you're getting a great vehicle!

Reactions: ModelX
Blue Persuasion looked Showroom new. We will post photos of the trip. We are planning many trips like this. West Palm Beach will be a regular one. The Keys will also be the norm. She will be the "Spark" for the rest of my family to come over to the "Electric Slide"

I like Vapor.

John

Reactions: Btrflyl8e

John

If you're shooting for 200K miles, why not add a couple thousand on your way to @TeslaRoadTrip 2016 in Williamsburg, VA this May? Find more info in the EVents section.

@Btrflyl8e perhaps you can combine a reunion with Blue Persuasion when Vapor arrives.

If you're shooting for 200K miles, why not add a couple thousand on your way to @TeslaRoadTrip 2016 in Williamsburg, VA this May? Find more info in the EVents section.

@Btrflyl8e perhaps you can combine a reunion with Blue Persuasion when Vapor arrives.
I would love to, but I'm not sure I'll have him yet. Could be late May... I'm delaying delivery until after the announcements at the end of the month, then taking off the delay once I know if I need to make changes... So not sure when it will get a build date.

:):(
That was a crazy experience, I was so happy for you guys because I know you'll really enjoy her, but so incredibly sad for me, then so happy for future me taking delivery of my 90D. It was overwhelming, a little.

No regrets here, though! Ultimately everyone gets what they wanted. And, I get to drive 5 speed manual for a while. It was actually a little fun on the way home, it had been 21 years. I was proud of myself for not stalling it once!

Reactions: Cyclone
A great story!

I'm trying to decide the point at which I will replace. Initially, I was thinking when the 100D was available, but now I'm thinking I am waiting for the refresh and perhaps a new AP sensor suite. There's nothing *wrong* with my Sig S, but it's so... primitive... compared to our AP Model X. :)

A great story!

I'm trying to decide the point at which I will replace. Initially, I was thinking when the 100D was available, but now I'm thinking I am waiting for the refresh and perhaps a new AP sensor suite. There's nothing *wrong* with my Sig S, but it's so... primitive... compared to our AP Model X. :)
I thought I was going to wait for a new AP sensor suite as well, but...I just couldn't do it. I did delay delivery of my 90D until June, hoping to avoid having a build date assigned so IF something big is announced 3/31 or 4/1, I could still make changes to my order, and then remove the delayed delivery. The only downside to that is...I'm gonna have to drive LoL Rick's 2000 Jetta just a little longer. :(