Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another fun vid to watch, thanks as always mang! You do realise however that waiting for the X to arrive is not made easier by watching vids of how cool and versatile your car is :)

Oh also i am amazed how well everyone speaks english. Is that typical for the norwegians? Great if so.

Most of us speak english quite well. It's a compulsory class in elementry school through high school, and we tend to consume a lot of english-language TV series, movies and music. (Dubbing movies isn't common, except for childrens movies.) There's also the internet, of course.

Regarding the most recent video: I found the hotel bathroom reveal very funny. :)

"Lets look at the bathroom. Tadaaa! It's a... shower..." Almost like you didn't understand what the shower was doing there. :p

Bjorn, love the videos. Living in Florida I have mainly done warm weather driving. We are heading to Northern NY this winter where the temps will be between 0 to -12 C. I have some legs between superchargers of 345 km. We have an 85. What does your experience tell you about making this distance? speed? cabin heat? Thanks!

I'm thinking, Bjorn, it is time for you to get the Model X P85!!!
Model X would be better for transporting stuff due to more cargo space. But we can't afford it. Our plan is to drive the Millennium Falcon 1 million km :)

Regarding the most recent video: I found the hotel bathroom reveal very funny. :)

"Lets look at the bathroom. Tadaaa! It's a... shower..." Almost like you didn't understand what the shower was doing there. :p
I was expecting better standard in the room. After all, this is Radisson hotel and business room. In Pattaya, Thailand we stayed at a very nice hotel (LK The Empress). I guess it was too much to ask to get the same standard in Norway :)

Attachments

• D70_5285.JPG
    D70_5285.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 594
  • D70_5322.JPG
    D70_5322.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 588
  • D70_5328.JPG
    D70_5328.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 585
  • D70_5664.JPG
    D70_5664.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 584
Hi Bjorn - Thanks for the video! Quick question for you: I think I have noticed that you drive two different set of wheels - and I am interested in the ones that seem to have some sort of aerodynamic "disc" on them - do you notice any difference in range/consumption between the two sets. I know it's hard to compare since you probably have different tires and use them for different driving conditions, but I am interested in your perspective as I see a lot of the smaller EVs drive around with "disc-like" wheels (Fiat 500e, BMW, etc)

Thanks,
Lars

Hi Bjorn, some thoughts about trading up to the dual-motor Model S -

1) I would love to see your experiences with the all-wheel-drive car on the challenging terrain that Norway has. I know you're already happy with two-wheel-drive but you could be an excellent real-world reviewer of the AWD.
2) you could easily sell your Model S, since it's such a popular car in Norway. Wouldn't be difficult to get a reasonable price for it, i.e., a price that helps you afford the new car.
3) You don't need the P85D... consider the 85D. (or "S85D" as it is sometimes known) If you really want the speed... we won't be unhappy with you for getting it!
4) To raise the extra funds required to pay for the P85D, you could consider these sites -
Kickstarter
Indiegogo: Crowdfunding for what matters to you - start now!
Patreon: Support the creators you love

I leave it up to you to decide what the stretch goals would be :)

Alternatively considering the view count on your videos, perhaps you could convince a company like Nimber to subsidise your productions in order to afford the newer car. Either a "brought to you by Nimber.com" card at the beginning of your videos, or THIS -
P85D_EasyBring.png

(see what I did there?)

I was expecting better standard in the room. After all, this is Radisson hotel and business room. In Pattaya, Thailand we stayed at a very nice hotel (LK The Empress). I guess it was too much to ask to get the same standard in Norway :)
Yeah. Hotel rooms in Norway aren't much to get excited about. For the same price you paid (~1200 NOK per night), I've gotten a 120 square meter two bedroom suite on the 23rd floor in Bangkok. I've stayed at a bunch of hotels in Norway and your hotel room was one of the better ones I've seen.

My strategy when planning vacations has always been to spend as much as comfortable in low-cost countries, and as little as comfortable in high-cost contries. That way you get really great hotel rooms in the low-cost countries and perfectly acceptable hotel rooms in the high-cost countries. Really the only times I deviate from this is when the hotel stay is a vital part of the trip. I did for instance spend more than comfortable on hotel rooms in Tokyo, but that's because I really wanted a great view of the Tokyo skyline. But for Kyoto, Hiroshima, Nara and Takayama, we chose pretty much the cheapest hotel rooms available. On the same trip we spent a fortune on hotel rooms in India and Thailand, much more than we did in Japan.

- - - Updated - - -

2) you could easily sell your Model S, since it's such a popular car in Norway. Wouldn't be difficult to get a reasonable price for it, i.e., a price that helps you afford the new car.
Well, it's harder now than before the P85D announcement.

Everyone is trying to sell their cars at the same time. On the most popular car selling site, the number of Model S for sale went from ~20 to ~120 in ~3 days and now the number is at 157. That's a pretty huge number compared to the size of the market. That said, you can still sell your Model S at a not *huge* loss. A fairly equivalent S85 for sale right now is at 540k NOK, while a similarly configured new Model S costs around 645k NOK, so a 100k-150k NOK loss is to be expected. That's $15k-23k. Bjørn's Model S is also pretty high mileage, so maybe $20k-25k would be more realistic.

Last edited:
Hi Bjorn - Thanks for the video! Quick question for you: I think I have noticed that you drive two different set of wheels - and I am interested in the ones that seem to have some sort of aerodynamic "disc" on them - do you notice any difference in range/consumption between the two sets. I know it's hard to compare since you probably have different tires and use them for different driving conditions, but I am interested in your perspective as I see a lot of the smaller EVs drive around with "disc-like" wheels (Fiat 500e, BMW, etc)
I swapped them for standard 19" a while ago. I was never able to do a proper comparison between those two. For me, I'd rather arrive a few minutes later than wearing those weels :p

Hi Bjorn, some thoughts about trading up to the dual-motor Model S -

1) I would love to see your experiences with the all-wheel-drive car on the challenging terrain that Norway has. I know you're already happy with two-wheel-drive but you could be an excellent real-world reviewer of the AWD.
3) You don't need the P85D... consider the 85D. (or "S85D" as it is sometimes known) If you really want the speed... we won't be unhappy with you for getting it!
4) To raise the extra funds required to pay for the P85D, you could consider these sites -
Kickstarter
Indiegogo: Crowdfunding for what matters to you - start now!
Patreon: Support the creators you love

I leave it up to you to decide what the stretch goals would be :)

Alternatively considering the view count on your videos, perhaps you could convince a company like Nimber to subsidise your productions in order to afford the newer car. Either a "brought to you by Nimber.com" card at the beginning of your videos, or THIS -
View attachment 62470

(see what I did there?)
Selling my car crossed my mind. But after looking at how the market developed (lots of 2nd hand cars being sold), and how much more I had to pay for a P85D, I settled down with the P85. Another issue is that I will get a smaller frunk. I need all the space I can get (but without having to get a SUV).

If I would get a D, it would have to be P85D. I'm a sucker for power. Even though I don't need all the power 99 % of the time, that one percent where I need it, it's all worth it.

I considered Kickstarter or something similar. It seems like my fans are enjoying my videos and wouldn't mind to chip in a few dollars. After all, it's free high quality entertainment :) If Tesla gives me a P85D in replacement of the P85, then my credibility will drop because I'm sponsored by Tesla. But if the people raise money for me, it will be by the people, for the people. But the problem then is that every time I'm slow finishing a video, I'll get the "Where's the next video? I want my money back!" So the best is to keep the P85 and drive it 1 million km.

Great scene from a recent video. Really enjoyed the interactions.
View attachment 62471
That's one of my favorite shots! If you guys ever come to Norway, you should definately take the route to Bergen. It's breathtaking!

Yeah. Hotel rooms in Norway aren't much to get excited about. For the same price you paid (~1200 NOK per night), I've gotten a 120 square meter two bedroom suite on the 23rd floor in Bangkok. I've stayed at a bunch of hotels in Norway and your hotel room was one of the better ones I've seen.
Same here. I'm really stingy when I'm in Norway. But when I go to Thailand I don't mind spending some extra bucks for a lot more comfort :)

Heck, if there's some sort of Norwegian tourism board, get them to kick in. I now really want to visit Norway having seen these beautiful scenes.
After making videos since last year, I realized I "accidentally" promoted Tesla, Nimber and Norway at the same time :)

I swapped them for standard 19" a while ago. I was never able to do a proper comparison between those two. For me, I'd rather arrive a few minutes later than wearing those weels :p

Selling my car crossed my mind. But after looking at how the market developed (lots of 2nd hand cars being sold), and how much more I had to pay for a P85D, I settled down with the P85. Another issue is that I will get a smaller frunk. I need all the space I can get (but without having to get a SUV).

If I would get a D, it would have to be P85D. I'm a sucker for power. Even though I don't need all the power 99 % of the time, that one percent where I need it, it's all worth it.

I considered Kickstarter or something similar. It seems like my fans are enjoying my videos and wouldn't mind to chip in a few dollars. After all, it's free high quality entertainment :) If Tesla gives me a P85D in replacement of the P85, then my credibility will drop because I'm sponsored by Tesla. But if the people raise money for me, it will be by the people, for the people. But the problem then is that every time I'm slow finishing a video, I'll get the "Where's the next video? I want my money back!" So the best is to keep the P85 and drive it 1 million km.
Economically it just doesn't make sense for you. I had similar problem with a used merc about a year ago and even though ACC and better engines were already out, it just didn't make sense for me to spend another 1/3 of price for a newer model with all these goodies in. It doesn't matter on a daily basis and the drive is about the same for a lot less money. It seems that your price difference would be also about 1/3 of the price you paid for a new one and that is just not enough for AWD and Autopilot IMHO.

Breaking news from Bjorn's Tesla Videos FB page: The Millennium Falcon is down in Bergen!!! A problem with the DC-DC converter from high voltage battery to 12V battery. Bjorn was given a black S60 loaner, so he can continue on his quest to deliver the Easybring stuff he had in his car. Waiting for full report in the coming days. Over and out!

Breaking news from Bjorn's Tesla Videos FB page: The Millennium Falcon is down in Bergen!!! A problem with the DC-DC converter from high voltage battery to 12V battery. Bjorn was given a black S60 loaner, so he can continue on his quest to deliver the Easybring stuff he had in his car. Waiting for full report in the coming days. Over and out!
Thanks for the news update! Yesterday I finished the trip in the S60 loaner. The "little" car was quite impressive. Expect a 1-hour video from the trip soon :)

I have tested supercharging S60 vs P85. The result was quite shocking!

Bjorn can you explain more exactly how you did these tests? Were they side by side at an empty supercharger? Were the superchargers at full capacity etc....?

It is not at all easy to truly test the supercharger rates with accuracy. I did this several times and wrote some very popular posts in the past on this. Never did an 85 vs 60 test though.

Charge-off 90kW vs. 120kW | Tesla Owner
Charger Test 4, 5 QA | Tesla Owner
Supercharger Time Test | Tesla Owner

with official answers from Tesla too!

If any 60 owner in the bay area wants me to do a similar 85 to 60, I'd meet you at a supercharger at a slow time for supercharging to continue the testing. Just PM me.

At both tests, I was the only one charging. Both tests were done at the Lier supercharger. The temperatures were about the same. In both cases, I have driven the car for a while so the battery had good working temperature. In both cases I didn't drive fast like I did in Germany, so heat should not have been an issue at all. However, they were not done side by side on each charger. They were done about 1-2 months apart.

There's a small detail I left out. On the P85, the car calculates typical to 185 Wh/km. Whereas in the S60, typical range is 205 Wh/km. That's a 10 % difference. So in hindsight I see that I should have compared the kW rather than the range.