Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Multipattern seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the cloth seats in my S. They will look like New Years from now. I have own several luxury cars with leather seats and they all deteriatd over time.

The look like New Years? Do they explode or have a champagne dispenser? ;)

I sold my 24 year old Buick last week and the cloth seats still looked new. It helped cinch the deal. I've seen pictures of the same model, same age with leather seats and they look very worn.

At least for some people, the Model S original seats just hit in the wrong place. I have long legs and my SO and I are the same height sitting down. For both of us, the original seats depart from our backs about mid-back leaving no support for the upper back. With the forward leaning headrests our heads are leaning a little forward all the time. After being in the car about 1/2 hour, both of us got kinks in our necks.

The next gen seats are much more comfortable, no neck pain.

I have an S rather than an X, but if the seats are similar, we've found the cloth seats to be very hard and difficult to get into any kind of comfortable position. I ordered a full seat cushion that I hope helps.

@wdolson Your Model S has the old multipattern black seats. They didn’t update the MS to the next gen seats (the ones that have always been in the MX) until early 2017. Reviews seem to be super positive overall for the next-gen MPB seats. I have them in my late-2017 MS and love them.

@wdolson Your Model S has the old multipattern black seats. They didn’t update the MS to the next gen seats (the ones that have always been in the MX) until early 2017. Reviews seem to be super positive overall for the next-gen MPB seats. I have them in my late-2017 MS and love them.

I think I commented later in the thread, the multipattern seats until late 2016 were on the original seat frame. The new multipattern seats became available about 2 weeks before the leather next gen seats showed up at my local service center. Neither of us are fans of leather (cold in the winter and hot in the summer), but they are much more comfortable than the seats that came with the car.