Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black seats in MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi again,
I noticed our black 'vegan leather' (Ha!) seats are becoming marked (whitish marks) after 4 months and washing them with a chamois and water does nothing. What is a suitable seat cleaner? I avoided white seats when ordering because of the concern about marking but it seems that might have been the best option.

I noticed our black 'vegan leather' (Ha!) seats are becoming marked (whitish marks) after 4 months and washing them with a chamois and water does nothing.

Our black seats are totally fine after 4 years 🤷‍♂️. On the very few occasions I’ve needed to wipe something off them, I just use a damp cloth or baby wipe. Baby wipes seem to leave a little bit of residue so I prefer a damp cloth.

My understanding is that the ‘natural’ or manufactured colour of the product is white, and any colour is added to that. I did not say the seats were dyed white than dyed black. No need for your second sentence so I wont make a response to it.
Both have a layer a colour coating applied. The only part that is initially white is the base fabric.

Both also cost exactly the same amount to manufacture, so the white is a nice cash grab for Tesla (along with their single colour paints that cost more).

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman and paulp
Whatever the Colour of the seats, a stain or smudge will show up if it is a contrasting colour - white seats dark smudge, dark seats white smudge.

As most stains and smudges are dark, the dark seats are better.

Poverty pack dark seats is our pick