Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackberry as key for Model3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Decided to distance from social media and my iphone in general for a bit. Bought a BB Q20 (Classic). Still the email king.

It can run some android apps now but obviously the Tesla App isnt in the play store...

Could it be possible to run the Tesla app on BB10? is there a tweak anyone knows to the android settings where this could possibly work?

Does anyone currently doing this have a reputable .apk to download for the Tesla android app?

I picked up my Model 3 when I was using BB back in 2017. I sideloaded some apps, but M3 key wasn't available. Perhaps using it to remote start the car would work. I often carry two phones and also carried an iPhone in 2017, so used that as my key.

The only key apps I know of are the ones in the iOS AppStore and Google Play store. If you can’t load one of those, I think you are out of luck.

You can get creative with the RFID tag in the Tesla card. You can melt down the card (they are cheap) and put it in anything, including a cheap blackberry case. They also mold them into rings, available on eBay. You just won’t have walk away lock, but it wouldn’t be hard to swipe as you leave. Oh, and you can always get a traditional key fob.

Decided to distance from social media and my iphone in general for a bit. Bought a BB Q20 (Classic). Still the email king.

It can run some android apps now but obviously the Tesla App isnt in the play store...

Could it be possible to run the Tesla app on BB10? is there a tweak anyone knows to the android settings where this could possibly work?

Does anyone currently doing this have a reputable .apk to download for the Tesla android app?

Unfortunately not aware of anything that works with Blackberry...but you could try something slightly more sophisticated like a diesel generator or a sundial. Both are a bit more reliable and the generator is probably easier to carry around. :)

• Disagree
Reactions: JulienW
So my Nokia won't work?
upload_2020-4-21_7-2-30.png

• Funny
Reactions: destructure00