Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 2-Ch Dashcam Install on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I
@hiroshiy could you share more picture of cable molding? I don't want to open the main channel and your work looks really great. what did you uses for the tunnel? and I am not really familiar with "H shaped rubber bands on both sides of the tunnel" you mentioned.
I asked the installer what kind of cable holder he used for my installation, but he told me that he just used what he had at the time and didn't purchased anything. Also he couldn't find anything similar on the market.
I will bring my digital SLR to take a close-up shot of the cable holder, as my phone doesn't focus correctly on the cable holder itself.

It is H shaped, and on both sides of H openings, it can hold one or two thin cables.

In your trailer bag, there should be a bag with the trailer plug. Simply go near where the obd2 port is, behind it should be the male side of the plug. Plug it in, use two of the wires to wire a female cigarette lighter plug, tape up the other two wires, shove it back behind the plastic and you are done. (Do the wiring before you plug it in)

Picture is tough as I did everything by feel, j didn’t remove any panels for it.

Attachments

• FC48D0AB-F9D9-4A1D-9D38-6A80DE17F424.jpeg
    FC48D0AB-F9D9-4A1D-9D38-6A80DE17F424.jpeg
    375.1 KB · Views: 176
  • AF5F2F2A-80B1-4FAA-AFAF-F7C86D2CF4A2.jpeg
    AF5F2F2A-80B1-4FAA-AFAF-F7C86D2CF4A2.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 272BAC1E-7AA1-49AA-A616-EE7A57932299.jpeg
    272BAC1E-7AA1-49AA-A616-EE7A57932299.jpeg
    551.2 KB · Views: 166
In your trailer bag, there should be a bag with the trailer plug. Simply go near where the obd2 port is, behind it should be the male side of the plug. Plug it in, use two of the wires to wire a female cigarette lighter plug, tape up the other two wires, shove it back behind the plastic and you are done. (Do the wiring before you plug it in)

Picture is tough as I did everything by feel, j didn’t remove any panels for it.
Do you know which wires you used to power?

• Disagree
Reactions: forkee
I just installed my blackvue over the weekend using the blendmount.
I ended up tapping into the constant power in the driver side panel using this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078939GZ2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I cut the RJ11 tip and connected it to a cigarette lighter with the red and black wire.
When you say the constant power on the drivers side - do you mean the OB port or the tow harness?

Also - what mount did you use to place it behind the mirror like that? That's not the stock blackvue mount is it? Looks great!

I bought this mount here:
BlendMount Dashcam Aluminum Rearview Mirror Mount,Specialty Series,BBV-2035,BlackVue DR750S/DR650S

Here are some pictures of how I tapped into power without having to splice any wires.
I am looking at the BlendMount for mounting a BlackVue on my X and would appreciate getting some owner’s feedback on this attachment. I am especially concerned about the camera's vibration due to the multiple part arm-type design and how easy it is to attach/detach to the mirror’s shaft.

Reactions: hiroshiy
I ordered the same one but be very careful when installing it as all 4 of the tiny clips broke off when I try to install it. Currently, only the bigger clip is holding it in place.
I also previously ordered this mount from EDR-AUTO and it is now sitting on my shelf as a reminder that I lost $80 on a paper weight. Not only the 4 clips broke with minimal force but the two large clips were not long enough to hold the bracket in place. When contacting the vendor, David from EDR-AUTO replied that he never had this problem and would charge me 2/3 of the bracket's cost for shipping a replacement (I guess we are now two). I currently do not trust enough this vendor to spend an additional penny.

Unless EDR-AUTO can guarantee that they are using stronger plastic material to straighten the clips, I would be EXTREMELY careful when installing this bracket.