Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 2-Ch Dashcam Install on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got around to install this but unfortunately the concept seems better than the execution. I like the integration of the dash cam with the AP2 camera cluster but even keeping in mind this is a 3D printed replacement part for the factory original, when I tried to install five of the six feet broke without excessive force. I also ordered with the spatula included but it shipped without one...

[QUOTE = "hiroshiy, poste: 2419210, membre: 13182"] J'ai commandé un sans spatule. Le site web dit qu'il est en stock, mais sera-t-il expédié cette semaine? [/ CITATION]

Hello,
See your mail, i sent ask payment by Paypal for you

@David77, thanks for the part! I ordered the bracket for AP2, and my installer installed it with DR750S-2CH and a mirror type radar detector. Both uses GPS and they locked GPS signals without issues.

The bracket is a little bit less snug, but it looks OK. If you plan to create more robust and with higher precision version, I'd buy one again to replace the current one.
IMG_20171221_154300.jpg
IMG_20171221_154357.jpg
IMG_20171221_155155.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: Cowby and David77
@David77, thanks for the part! I ordered the bracket for AP2, and my installer installed it with DR750S-2CH and a mirror type radar detector. Both uses GPS and they locked GPS signals without issues.

The bracket is a little bit less snug, but it looks OK. If you plan to create more robust and with higher precision version, I'd buy one again to replace the current one.
View attachment 270381 View attachment 270382 View attachment 270383

That radar detector is very cool.

What wire molding did your installer use to hide the cables?

Reactions: Akikiki
That radar detector is very cool.
Thanks. It is relatively popular here. It is WiFi enabled and if you have $50/year contract the manufacturer keeps updating GPS speed camera list at least monthly. It also receives various radios (police, medical, helicopter etc) in addition to speed radars for cops.

What wire molding did your installer use to hide the cables?

He used two H shaped rubber bands on both sides of the tunnel. He tucked two power cables (one continuous for the dashcam and one switched for radar detector) and one rear camera cable there. He said it seems too tight to pass three cables, and he wasn't comfortable to keep radar detector powered on all the time.

@hiroshiy - What is that rear view mirror gadget? Is it a gps/dvr or a radar detector? It looks really slick!

Reactions: hiroshiy
@hiroshiy - What is that rear view mirror gadget? Is it a gps/dvr or a radar detector? It looks really slick!
A520|GPS&レーダー探知機|Yupiteru(ユピテル)
This is a WiFi enabled (I didn't purchase WiFi option though) GPS radar detector. It warns traffic cameras, mostly speed cameras in Japan, based on GPS and the locations database is updated monthly with $50/year subscription. It also receives various radios like police radio (some encrypted), rescue, fire and helicopter etc, which might be used in conjunction with the cops.

A520|GPS&レーダー探知機|Yupiteru(ユピテル)
This is a WiFi enabled (I didn't purchase WiFi option though) GPS radar detector. It warns traffic cameras, mostly speed cameras in Japan, based on GPS and the locations database is updated monthly with $50/year subscription. It also receives various radios like police radio (some encrypted), rescue, fire and helicopter etc, which might be used in conjunction with the cops.
Very cool. Thanks!

Finally got around to install this but unfortunately the concept seems better than the execution. I like the integration of the dash cam with the AP2 camera cluster but even keeping in mind this is a 3D printed replacement part for the factory original, when I tried to install five of the six feet broke without excessive force. I also ordered with the spatula included but it shipped without one...
Just wanted to give a word of caution to any members interested in purchasing the AP2 camera bracket. Be extremely careful when installing the bracket as the four corner feet are extremely fragile. Like neo17, I broke all four feet without applying any excessive force making the bracket totally useless. I like the idea of mounting the camera within the mirror assembly but I believe @David77 will need to find a better way to strength the 3D plastic material at those weak points.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: GOPJEW and hiroshiy
Thanks. It is relatively popular here. It is WiFi enabled and if you have $50/year contract the manufacturer keeps updating GPS speed camera list at least monthly. It also receives various radios (police, medical, helicopter etc) in addition to speed radars for cops.

He used two H shaped rubber bands on both sides of the tunnel. He tucked two power cables (one continuous for the dashcam and one switched for radar detector) and one rear camera cable there. He said it seems too tight to pass three cables, and he wasn't comfortable to keep radar detector powered on all the time.

Any idea where we could get those rubber bands?

@hiroshiy could you share more picture of cable molding? I don't want to open the main channel and your work looks really great. what did you uses for the tunnel? and I am not really familiar with "H shaped rubber bands on both sides of the tunnel" you mentioned.