Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 2-Ch Dashcam Install on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it is compatible for Blackvue DR650 and 750
Yes we ship to the United States
Only 2 copies left.
Next supply in 1 week
P1170851.JPG

Thanks. 2 questions. Is this for the Blackvue 750 because I see 650 mentioned all over the page .....snip......
it clearly says it's for 650 & 750, right on that ad page. and maybe read post #321 re shipping - the poor guy can't keep answering the same things 2 or 3 dozen times, or his head will explode.
:D
@David77 - on a yet unasked question/answer, i see there is a yes/no checkbox for a 'spatule' on the order page. I generally know what that is, but it would be helpful if you could please give more detail about that.
Thanks again for all the dedicated work!

Last edited:
it clearly says it's for 650 & 750, right on that ad page. and maybe ead post #321 re shipping - the poor guy can't keep answering the same things 2 or 3 dozen times, or his head will explode.
:D
David77 - on an yet unasked question/answer, there is a yes/no checkbox for a 'spatule' on the order page. I generally know what that is, but it would be helpful if you could please give more detail.
Thanks!
D'oh! I saw that a while back when I was checking out the page, but forgot to consider it when I placed my order. I'm guessing/hoping it is just a standard tool that a customer might not have that helps with installing it - similar to the tools one finds in the various "tear down" kits used for dismantling appliances and electronics. I'm hoping that my installer will have something like it when he does the swap and re-hides the wires from my 650s...

@hill.... You are chastising me for not reading post 321 regarding shipping .... But he was answering my question on shipping in post 321! Just saying.o_O

As for 650/750 sizing I was making sure before purchasing because there was lots of posts on different sizing. I was just making sure for myself and others.

Tried to order for it to ship to Hong Kong but got the following error from the site:

Please try to contact the merchant:

1. <b>PayPal response:</b>
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2017-11-22T03:37:44Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10729
  4. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address State Empty
  5. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The field Shipping Address State is required
  6. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

[QUOTE = "hiroshiy, poste: 2419210, membre: 13182"] J'ai commandé un sans spatule. Le site web dit qu'il est en stock, mais sera-t-il expédié cette semaine? [/ CITATION]
Tried to order for it to ship to Hong Kong but got the following error from the site:

Please try to contact the merchant:

1. <b>PayPal response:</b>
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2017-11-22T03:37:44Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10729
  4. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address State Empty
  5. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The field Shipping Address State is required
  6. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Hello,
See your mail, i sent ask payment by Paypal for you

Hmm. $63 (after shipping and tax to the US) for a plastic mount seems like a bit much.
The price of the Blackvue Mount is good price because it cost us expensive in development.
We will try to reduce the cost of packing and shipping because we do not know what transport service is the most reliable for this material
Currently the cost of the cheapest transport for USA is 13 € with insurance but we can I think in the future lower this price if everything goes well.
Anyway you have to remove the 20% of French VAT what comes back with the transport to the USA to 42,08€ -> 49.5$
mount.png

Reactions: hiroshiy
Hmm. $63 (after shipping and tax to the US) for a plastic mount seems like a bit much.
not if you can buy a car in the six figures. Or put another way, many on the Forum have purchased the self-driving function - even though who knows how long it will be - if it ever works at all. How's that working for them? yeah that little price is no problem. you throw in cost for mailing, Packaging, postage /shipping / pick up? The guys' time is worth something too. I wouldn't begrudge him a few extra bucks. sorry if I'm a little sensitive, but as a reseller, it gets hard when people try to continually grind you down.

Last edited:
Reactions: ckwong
I respectfully but completely disagree. This is not some mass produced piece which will sell miillions of units by/from an established company who already has its own manufacturing, sales, marketing, & distribution/shipping channels. @David77 is effectively a friend, doing us all a favor. How much would (or should) each of us pay a friend to make something completely custom like this for just one of us? Assume our friend put in 100 hours (or much more) and a lot of his own cash building prototypes, etc.

I consider this an exception deal, especially for people who have put a film on the inside of the windshield such that tape or even suction cups shouldn’t really be used.

Reactions: hiroshiy and hill