Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue tooth pairing issues lately

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

Since installation of v7.1 ...2.13.77...The blue tooth of the car seems to not pair with any phone. I have android Samsung Galaxy note 2. Never in the past I had any issues with blue tooth pairing.

I tried my wife's i-phone but still same thing.

I even took the car to the service center and they told me that the issue was fixed but I did not check it there since I was in a hurry.

Same day when I stopped at the hotel checked it and the blue tooth of the car would not recognize my phone or any phone for that matter.

Any one face similar issues?

What are my options..? I emailed the service center three times already

Here's kind of a basic suggestion:

Make sure nothing is paired in the BT menu. Reboot MCU (hold scroll buttons till reboot)

Try pairing again.

Also reboot your phone.

The only time I had problems pairing was after a service center visit (for something unrelated). I walked to the car, and then walked back in, they rebooted the MCU and still nothing, they told me reboot my phone, that fixed it.

Also reboot your phone.

The only time I had problems pairing was after a service center visit (for something unrelated). I walked to the car, and then walked back in, they rebooted the MCU and still nothing, they told me reboot my phone, that fixed it.

That's a good point ... and to add to that ... make sure the phone BT profile for Model S is removed as well.

Also reboot your phone.

Yep....done everything...rebooted my phone and car like 10 times. My phone recognizes Tesla blue tooth but Tesla blue tooth is not recognizing any phone for that matter ..

I've had this issue as well. Usually the two devices see each other... but often they won't pair. Or sometimes they partially pair but with phone only, and not audio. Or it will pair but still route the audio through the handset. I'm hoping this goes away with a software update.