Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth + Wi-Fi Stuck on Initalizing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

Apologies if this has been discussed already. I just purchased a 2016 P90DL, and I’m already having issues. I cannot get the Bluetooth to connect to my phone, or the Wi-Fi to connect to my house. Both menus get stuck on the initalizing screen, and never make it past. I’ve reset the screen using the steering wheel buttons twice, but it’s still persisting. Any suggestions?

For the Bluetooth issue, make sure Bluetooth is enabled on both the phone and in the Tesla app settings. For WiFi, try using 2.4GHz if you’re currently using 5GHz. You can also try to connect the car to your phone’s WiFi hotspot to rule out a WiFi hardware issue.

OK, so I've had the Bluetooth Initializing problem since the car was delivered on 3/30. Had a mobile service scheduled and they came out and checked everything and could not fix it. They tore apart a good bit of the car, but nothing was resolved. They said they needed to close the ticket and I'd have to open a new one? Does this make sense?

OK, so I've had the Bluetooth Initializing problem since the car was delivered on 3/30. Had a mobile service scheduled and they came out and checked everything and could not fix it. They tore apart a good bit of the car, but nothing was resolved. They said they needed to close the ticket and I'd have to open a new one? Does this make sense?
Nothing at service centers makes sense. The technicians from the shop need to rotate into the service writer positions as the current writers seem clueless. Most are new employees that have never owned a Tesla 😏

Hey, was your BT initializing problem ever resolved? I just purchased a model y yesterday and having the same issue off the lot. Thanks