Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW I4 prices and specs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me it all comes back to the charging network, don't think I could stomach the non Tesla network. If it eventually opens fully then it'll be bye bye Tesla

same.

I've had seamless, painless experiences with charging with my model 3, while reading scare stories from others with other makes about charger availability and functionality. Its getting there but isn't there.

next car feels like that should be mostly resolved and there are alreayd some interesting looking cars out there, so Tesla will have a fight on their hands to keep me in a few years.

It’s sad you’re even looking as not so long ago you were full of Tesla praise despite some issues. It’s also sad that it’s crossed my mind to do the same. I priced up a M50 which has suspension upgrades v the 40 amongst other things and it’s not far off M3P money so not even a 10k question. You don’t need to even add many options to make it comparable.

I’ve started to consciously think of other charging options when on a trip just to see how difficult a switch would be, but for various reasons I’ll still be in the Tesla for a while yet.

I have an i4 on pre-order, but delivery estimate is a complete unknown still. The BMW dealer said I'm order #10 of 52 and they have gotten VINs on three and production #s on another four more. That puts just 2 orders at my assigned dealership in front of me. I've got a M3LR on order, but if I'm being honest, it isn't my first choice.

I'm hoping to take delivery of the M3 ASAP, and then get a good enough trade-in offer to make it worthwhile to make the change. Obviously, it's a gamble, but either way, I've replaced my 19.5-year-old ICE with a brand new BEV. I see that as a win-win scenario.

Just priced up an i4 entry spec but added basics missing that Tesla give - panoramic roof, lumbar support, memory seats and it comes to £55K. Compared to £43K for the M3 that’s a huge difference and makes it not worth comparing.

Understand but not so bad if you compare to the LR which should be closer on power and range. Surprised it’s only 55k though - does that add electric memory seats and active cruise etc?

Understand but not so bad if you compare to the LR which should be closer on power and range. Surprised it’s only 55k though - does that add electric memory seats and active cruise etc?
Not sure about active cruise, but I did add the memory seats. The M3 SR+ is quite enough for me - and it’s what I’d be changing from. Until BMW/Merc/Audi etc do a comparable EV (not a crossover/SUV) at this price its not even on my radar.

Reactions: Kurokawa
There’s plenty of stuff on the BMW that Tesla don’t even offer. I’d forgo the glass roof for the hatch, and then the BMW has a head up display, and if you’re ticking the driver assist thing you get parking aids which you’d need to buy at least EAP on the Tesla to get. I priced a M3 and M50 and they were within £50 for the spec I wanted.

Reactions: Mrklaw
Not sure about active cruise, but I did add the memory seats. The M3 SR+ is quite enough for me - and it’s what I’d be changing from. Until BMW/Merc/Audi etc do a comparable EV (not a crossover/SUV) at this price its not even on my radar.

I agree with you fwiw. My last 4GC was a hair over £40k so let’s hope we get a facelift or revision with a lower price

I’d really like the increased physical controls, hatch, and surround view though. Teslas memory settings for the wheel of like on the BMW as my wife used to have to change that manually each time

I drove an I3 for 3 years and it was mechanically flawless. Of course in classic BMW style there was a failed fuel pressure sensor and charge port door motor that were replaced under warranty. The I4 was rolled out right as I was looking at a Tesla and the only reason I didn't reserve one was because the initial range estimate was 250 miles. With a 300 mile range as the official figure it probably would have swayed my decision. I charge at home and seldom need the extensive (for everywhere but where I live) charging network.
I'm hoping for a 2 door coupe in the next couple of years.

I have few more years left with an X5 petrol. Both i4 and IX didn't feel like a worthy option for me personally, so will be skipping BMW EVs for another few years. Plus looking forward to the new model Y. I can definitely feel the appeal of an M50 with air suspension, however for EVs range and charging network is more important than air suspension. Plus, the new idrive software used by i4 and ix is a work-in-progress and quite buggy.

I have few more years left with an X5 petrol. Both i4 and IX didn't feel like a worthy option for me personally, so will be skipping BMW EVs for another few years. Plus looking forward to the new model Y. I can definitely feel the appeal of an M50 with air suspension, however for EVs range and charging network is more important than air suspension. Plus, the new idrive software used by i4 and ix is a work-in-progress and quite buggy.
I agree with a lot of this but thinking the idrive is buggy compared to Tesla software is quite funny.

Given how many mistakes his videos contain, I wouldn't be surprised if he's got it in the wrong setting. He's a Tesla fanboy through and through, thinking a whoppie cushion is great but not thinking a head up display really offers anything to the driver seems to be a very strange place to be.

And what does he do for his main income? Sell used Teslas.... mmm...

Reactions: ACarneiro
Given how many mistakes his videos contain, I wouldn't be surprised if he's got it in the wrong setting. He's a Tesla fanboy through and through, thinking a whoppie cushion is great but not thinking a head up display really offers anything to the driver seems to be a very strange place to be.

And what does he do for his main income? Sell used Teslas.... mmm...
This isn’t entirely true is it? He might deal in Tesla’s, but he’s not a fan boy as such. He often criticises Tesla too, and has a huge range of EVs. Regardless, the BMW clearly can’t put the power down like the Tesla.

Reactions: Gatsojon