Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Bollinger Motors to Unveil All-Electric Sport Utility Truck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After months of teasing abstract pictures of the project in progress, Bollinger Motors will unveil today its all-electric sport utility truck at an event in New York. The company will stream the event at 7 p.m. ET on its Facebook page.

The electric drive system is built from off-the shelf components, but is powered by a Bollinger-designed lithium-ion battery pack. The vehicle is said to have easily replaceable riveted body panels, enabling owners to rapidly transform from truck to SUV.

The company’s website promises best-in-class torque, horsepower, ground clearance, and power weight ratio.

Last edited by a moderator:
November Newsletter

Thank you so much for reserving a B1!

A lot has been going on since our reveal in July. First we did a lot of testing on my farm in the Catskills and dyno testing to validate our work and get a ton of data.

Then it was off to the Longhorn River Ranch in Austin, Texas for the Texas Truck Rodeo, where the B1 was the only all-electric truck in attendance. TAWA member and iHeart Radio show personality Harold Gunn taped a podcast segment with me from the show as well.

From there we headed to the Rocky Mountains in Colorado, the Sand Flats in Utah and most importantly in Moab! Then we headed to Las Vegas for the SEMA Show.

During the SEMA Show, we met with industry professionals and a number of suppliers to talk about accessories and parts for the B1 production vehicle. We're moving forward on all aspects of production and will have a retail price very soon to announce.

Our next stop will be at the Los Angeles Auto Show which runs from December 1st through December 10th. If you’re around please stop by our booth in the West Hall and see the B1 in person. Hope to see you there.

Thank you all for your continued encouragement and support.

-Robert Bollinger

I am hoping this is a genuine “utility” vehicle and not a new competitor in the Nantucket/Santa Barbara crowd Defender driving market, which would price it 60 to 100k. I would like to see something plain Jane 25 to 30 k price range.

It will be part of the Nantucket/Santa Barbara crowd market.

You can start your own BEV company and make a $25k BEV SUV/SUT.

I mean, it is totatlly doable given state of battery tech and economies of scale for a startup BEV company.

I'm wondering if they need the two speed gearbox. With 360 HP electric AWD they should have plenty of torque for any off road climbing.
Eliminating the two speed gearbox would simplify the design and reduce cost.
I love this! Reminds me of early Series Land Rover.

Looks like a good move to be near suppliers and contract manufacturers.
I do hope they get it together to start making these soon. I would love to buy one.
Agonizing wait for my Model S, Model 3 and now the Bollinger... painful to be on the bleeding edge.

• Love
Reactions: EchoDelta
I haven't read through this whole thread but early on they were using the Nissan Leaf battery. Bad idea! I hope they have changed and are going to use one with a thermal management system.
I read somewhere that they were going to use the Nissan battery but Nissan is no longer offering the batteries so they are looking for another supplier. They seem to have designed the system to use the "prismatic" style battery packs.

What is with their obsession with black and white video? If I recall, almost every video they have released (even pictures) have been that way. Is it supposed to be cool or "edgy"? Seems silly to me.

B & W marketing plus the Olive Green Metallic paint is going to be their signature.

I like it. Bollinger Motors has no intention of capturing 20%,10% or even 1% of the US auto market any time soon.

It is fine if 99% are indifferent, dislike it or hate it.

As long as 10% of that last 1% actually buy. That would be ~17k sales.

Then they can move to phase 2 of the master plan to get .2% US market share or start exporting.

Reactions: mongo
17k in sales? I think not. As far as I can tell, they have one handmade car plus a lot of hopes and dreams. There are so many things that can go wrong in car production. Just look at what Tesla went through with the Roadster. That all said, I do love the vehicle. It's a Jeep I'd actually want to buy. Then again, it'll probably be much cheaper to buy two Fiat 500Es and swap their drive lines and batteries into a real Jeep.

17k in sales? I think not. As far as I can tell, they have one handmade car plus a lot of hopes and dreams. There are so many things that can go wrong in car production.

17k in sales is the hope and the dream.

Not a forecast.

It took Tesla 15 years to accomplish Grand Master Plan Part 1.

That is what I was alluding to. That getting a single car into customer hands will be a long,hard,difficult slog.

As I have mentioned before in this thread.

Reactions: mongo