Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Bonnie, if I don't get to see you after you take delivery and before you head out on the trip - hint, hint ;) - here's wishing you a wonderful and safe trip!

Needless to say, please do be careful though: protect yourself from strangers - I'm not talking about the wonderful, friendly fellow forum members who are looking forward to the trip, of course. And, protect the X from grubby, careless hands too :)

Tan leather. i'd hate to see how the white wears, and the black is just too dark. Light headliner, carbon fiber finish.

Sounds like a solid combo. Part of my interest in the white is that I currently drive a blue w/tan Model S and it's beginning to look like a pattern. Then again, why mess with perfection?

I'll probably end up with tan if, for no other reason, that the kids would trash the white.

Flat white. I've never been a fan of pearl. Think 'stormtrooper'.
i finally created an account because I HAD to share this. Any chance for a delivery (err...post delivery) party for the locals? Nate and I are super excited for you!
bdf8f096bb0e259bc73aef1a2c0e5a6c.jpg

I'm starting to post in various threads re configuration, road trip, etc ... so thought we could corral it all in one thread. :)

Configured Sept 1, 2015

View attachment 92823

No doubt I'll pick up a set of 20s and put winter tires on - but first things first :). The cold weather package may be jettisoned if it really is going to impact delivery date. Finding out now.

I'm planning a roadtrip after delivery (and Xpel) - most likely one circular route through SoCal, Texas, South Bend, Chicago, MN, Idaho, PNW, and home. Once I know, I'll post - and then keep it updated daily with supercharging plans via my twitter account (Bonnie Norman (@bonnienorman) | Twitter). I'd love it if I could meet people in various locations and show the X.
Looks great! Hope you don't mind if I steal your configuration? :p ;-)

Wait. No dark gray/black wheels to match the roadster? Or did they not offer them yet? Hopefully they do. If not, might have to aftermarket.

Sounds like a truly Xcellent Adventure. Was planning one in a new X too but it might have to wait until next summer. Or it could be a ski trip! :D

Anyway, look forward to following your adventures!

Cheers!

Bonnie this seems to have turned into a coronation for you or the X. You both deserve it. However I don't think TMC members fully understand your effort. I know I won't meet you in TN but your call to me during the fight for sales in TN was critical. At that point I had no idea of Tesla's position and you provided the link that I believe enabled its presence in this state. The power of Tesla owners has to be directed and you were a great help. I may try to go west to meet you.Thanks again Bill B

Bonnie this seems to have turned into a coronation for you or the X. You both deserve it. However I don't think TMC members fully understand your effort. I know I won't meet you in TN but your call to me during the fight for sales in TN was critical. At that point I had no idea of Tesla's position and you provided the link that I believe enabled its presence in this state. The power of Tesla owners has to be directed and you were a great help. I may try to go west to meet you.Thanks again Bill B

Thanks, Bill. The whole dealersh*t issue is one that really has annoyed me. I should note that it was YOU and your fellow Tesla owners that stormed the meetings. I was glad to assist. We all made a great team.

- - - Updated - - -

As I'm reading the towing thread I realized I forgot to ask if you'll be towing your sylvansport go on this adventure?

Not this one, no. But long weekends, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

She tweeted this a while back. DSRPTEV

Bonnie Norman on Twitter:

With a space! DSRPT EV

Sounds like a solid combo. Part of my interest in the white is that I currently drive a blue w/tan Model S and it's beginning to look like a pattern. Then again, why mess with perfection?

Go with the Signature Red. The only reason I'm not is that our Model S is Signature Red, and my Roadster is a similar color red. The totaling of our RAV4-EV (blue) and subsequent replacement with a white one opens up blue for the Model X...