Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purely conjecture on my part. but if I were Elon I would:
1) Focus on getting Model Ses our the door for the end of the qtr, since, presumably, they have that down to a science and Model Xes still take longer, they can hit their volume target and keep Wall St happy
2) Let the Founders live with their cars for a couple of weeks as a final quality check
3) Slowly start ramping up Signatures by mid October if the Founders cars are not imploding. I think to keep the analysts happy, they need to reasonable volume of the X by end of Q4, at least 250/week

Are you going to pull your Go around on the tour? It would be interesting to see what kind of range you get with it in all the different topographical and wind conditions you encounter.

Taking some notes and measurements and logs and giving them to the folks at evTripPlanner may be the best way to share the info at scale- kWh/mi at speed with weather with some notion of terrain is a great start from my previous conversations with the guy.
I'm into just getting enough data to see if it's relevant to measure stuff at all first, but it seems towing may be one of those sources of conjectures that may be more complex than observed reality when seen thru a pragmatic lens.
Wonder how the MX range estimation adjusts based on what it senses it is towing :)

Charging data

Are you going to pull your Go around on the tour? It would be interesting to see what kind of range you get with it in all the different topographical and wind conditions you encounter.

Yes, Bonnie. If you have the time and patience to do it, a log of each distance travelled to a supercharger, beginning "rated miles," and "rated miles" after charging would be really helpful to your many friends. I did this last year when I travelled from Sacramento to Madison, Wisconsin and back in April and May. The biggest surprise was the headwinds in South Dakota that caused me to use about 1.5 rated miles for every mile travelled even only driving at 63 miles per hour, and I limped into the Murdo Supercharger with 5 rated miles. I wasn't worried about getting there because I worked out an algorithm I could periodically do in my head based on the actual miles still to go and the rated miles I had at any given point, so I could know if I was gaining or losing the original "cushion," but I understood why there had apparently been a number of people who did not quite make it to Murdo. It's not like California! And the speed limit invitation to travel at 75 mph can really drain the battery pack more quickly than one is used to.

Bonnie will you drive to my house and when you come, bring donuts, pizza and beer. Also, bring the title to the X so you can sign it over to me and if the pizza is good I'll drive you home :biggrin:

Seriously, when you get it - go out and enjoy it and forget about this place! :D

Just an update - since I haven't gone into production yet, I'm thinking delivery will be in the November timeframe. And that means no roadtrip this fall. Between promising a sis I'd show up and handle turkey dinner for 20+ people (bro-in-law is ill, can't currently travel, but they want to see people) and obvious Midwest weather events that start to happen in November ... going to have to stay closer to home.

Stay tuned! Will let people know as I get closer to delivery.

Just an update - since I haven't gone into production yet, I'm thinking delivery will be in the November timeframe. And that means no roadtrip this fall. Between promising a sis I'd show up and handle turkey dinner for 20+ people (bro-in-law is ill, can't currently travel, but they want to see people) and obvious Midwest weather events that start to happen in November ... going to have to stay closer to home.

Stay tuned! Will let people know as I get closer to delivery.

How about those of us who are awaiting your drive to the Fountain Valley Supercharger?

We'd like to say "hi". Is your sister the "relative that lives near the FV SC?"

How about those of us who are awaiting your drive to the Fountain Valley Supercharger? We'd like to say "hi". Is your sister the "relative that lives near the FV SC?"
Two Model X could show up in Fountain Valley if Bonnie times her drive right. If a third Mode X in blue appears, we will have our Red, White and Blue Model X with Falcon Wings open photo op.

Don't forget the great food at the Souplantation next to the Supercharger.

Two Model X could show up in Fountain Valley if Bonnie times her drive right. If a third Mode X in blue appears, we will have our Red, White and Blue Model X with Falcon Wings open photo op.

Don't forget the great food at the Souplantation next to the Supercharger.

I forgot to ask our other OC members what color they got... I think they're also Sig Red for the X... So, we can do Red White Red.... Too bad we're not Canadian or Swiss with those colors!