Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to know. The previous VIN was below a dozen and now is above a dozen. No problem, just pleased to see the progress as is everyone else.

While on the subject. The sixth alphanumeric character is an A and is decoded at TeslaTap as follows: A = Manual Type 2 Seat Belts (Front Row, Center Row*3, Third Row*2) With Front Airbags, PODS, Side Inflatable Restraints, Knee Airbags (Front)

This brings up an interesting question. Will the sixth VIN character change if the center row has 2 seats instead of 3?

Hopefully Tesla Motors is reading this thread and can get to the bottom of this issue before manufacturing begins!

In the VIN sequence, the A in position 6, is replaced with a B for the 6 seat option.

In the VIN sequence, the A in position 6, is replaced with a B for the 6 seat option.
Thanks for the information. There is a new VIN at My Tesla for my Six Seat Interior. I wondered if it would get changed. The folks on the phones at Tesla Motors said there would be no change. Again, the forum provides answers before the employees know.

I how have a history of three VINs being assigned to my order.

Ok Tesla, You've had a couple of weeks to clean up the bar from the Launch Event. It's time to start getting some cars built. Try JUST ONE for Heaven's sake. Next week you can try 2! Then 4! The entire world is waiting with baited breath. I think that it's incredible that we're not hearing that at least ONE car is being built!! One car!? You can't get a supplier to build you ONE second row seat per week yet? JUST ONE?!!!?? You can't get a SINGLE windshield shipped? WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR? You've Solved the design challenges. You've got 6 cars built. IT IS TIME TO TURN IT ON! Lets Get this done! The Fate and future of Sustainable transportation is LITERALLY hanging in the balance! Find the suppliers, and ship this car. Bonnie, we'll see you on the road......Maybe tomorrow AM we'll hear your car is started.

Pardon the interruption by a passerby, but in scrolling the last 20+ pages of this thread, I didn't see anything on delivery and roadtrip, is that elsewhere?
I have an order for an X (in the 300's of normal orders after the signatures etc.) so I'm curious to see if 3 weeks in, we're seeing real world reports.

Thanks for the information. There is a new VIN at My Tesla for my Six Seat Interior. I wondered if it would get changed. The folks on the phones at Tesla Motors said there would be no change. Again, the forum provides answers before the employees know.

I how have a history of three VINs being assigned to my order.

Mark Z, VIN's are only assigned after configuration, terms acceptance, and when a car goes into production. Are you possibly referring to a RN number being changed instead of the VIN?

Mark Z, VIN's are only assigned after configuration, terms acceptance, and when a car goes into production. Are you possibly referring to a RN number being changed instead of the VIN?

There is precedent for VINs changing, especially when Tesla has added features late in the game, such as what happened to Mark Z. The early sig VINs also appear to have been manually assigned to maintain the order sequence. For example, Bonnie as US sig order 2 received VIN 2.

Pardon the interruption by a passerby, but in scrolling the last 20+ pages of this thread, I didn't see anything on delivery and roadtrip, is that elsewhere?
I have an order for an X (in the 300's of normal orders after the signatures etc.) so I'm curious to see if 3 weeks in, we're seeing real world reports.

The thread is intended to cover that but we couldn't wait for Bonnie to get her X so we've been spamming the thread with "did you get it yet" and such.

In this case, the VIN replaces the RN at the My Tesla page. Imagine the excitement of getting a VIN a month ago, only to have it disappear. The new one that ends with the sequence number did appear over a week ago. The change from A to B was noticed yesterday. I did bring up the subject of the six and seven seat VIN to Tesla on the phone last week as I mentioned previously.

The very first block of reservation holders have had VINs assigned prior to production - I assume to make sure that the VIN matches our spot in line.

Note that this shows my VIN (not RN) and status is 'confirmed' not 'in production'.
Screen Shot 2015-10-19 at 8.11.38 AM.png