Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boot trim alignment and sticker mark issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator comment - post renamed for clarity from "Boot trim alignment"

Hi

Just got a call from Tesla saying the 10 issues I had have been resolved except 2 of them.

1 both front indoor trims have huge marks at the bottom where a sticker was. They couldn’t get it off so they need to order and replace the interior door on both sides.

2 the boot is completely misaligned to the extent you either cry or laugh as it was so bad. Tesla said they have adjusted it as much as possible and can’t do anymore as the boot won’t close. They admitted it’s much better than before but not perfect.

has anyone else had these 2 issues

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Just got a call from Tesla saying the 10 issues I had have been resolved except 2 of them.

1 both front indoor trims have huge marks at the bottom where a sticker was. They couldn’t get it off so they need to order and replace the interior door on both sides.
Mine had bad sticker residue in a couple of places on delivery.

Does yours look like this?

IMG_3790.jpeg

..if so, it is possible to get it off, but it requires some serious effort to get it off. I had to attack it several times with a foaming cleaner to get it completely off.

Hi

2 the boot is completely misaligned to the extent you either cry or laugh as it was so bad. Tesla said they have adjusted it as much as possible and can’t do anymore as the boot won’t close. They admitted it’s much better than before but not perfect.

has anyone else had these 2 issues
I have a boot issue. it doesnt look misaligned, but it now doesnt open when it should. It requires slamming to shut and in this cold weather just hovers in the middle when the arms should be extended. I have it booked in to fix though. Do you have pictures of your boot issue?

Mine had bad sticker residue in a couple of places on delivery.

Does yours look like this?

View attachment 618781

..if so, it is possible to get it off, but it requires some serious effort to get it off. I had to attack it several times with a foaming cleaner to get it completely off.

They tried to clean it off of mine, but pulling the sticker off had pulled part of vinyl off, so they are having to replace the whole door card

I have the sticker residue too and have a ranger visit arranged for January when they will replace the panels. I didn't want to start trying chemicals on it myself in case it made it side 3 and Tesla would then refuse to sorry it out.

Yep, boot alignment was so bad it removed paint. Marks all over the interior trim too, its in the SC until January at least dealing with that as well as water in the footwells, broken repeater camera, damage to front door hinges, hole in the seat leather. Not a good first impression at all.

I have a boot issue. it doesnt look misaligned, but it now doesnt open when it should. It requires slamming to shut and in this cold weather just hovers in the middle when the arms should be extended. I have it booked in to fix though. Do you have pictures of your boot issue?

i would be interested to see how you get on with the SC. My car went in with a boot water leak and came out with the issues you note. I also have the thick rubber trim that runs around the boot aperture rising up where the boot catch fits with the boot lid. To cap it off, the leak is still there. If you include the water in the rear lights, the M3’s boot area has been a big problem area.

I plan to rebook a SC once the qtr end new car volume clears.

I have the same sticker Mark, looks like someone tried to clean it and damaged the rubber. So have it booked in.
Also the boot very slightly rests on the number when closer leaving a mark. Again booked in.

Attachments

• 4F79EE94-6C8B-41AA-81AD-ED6A6D7648E3.jpeg
    4F79EE94-6C8B-41AA-81AD-ED6A6D7648E3.jpeg
    788.8 KB · Views: 49
  • C790EB75-35B7-410D-B8F6-D9E7DF86F3DA.jpeg
    C790EB75-35B7-410D-B8F6-D9E7DF86F3DA.jpeg
    615.9 KB · Views: 44