Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bottom dropping out of used market?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can get a new Performance Model Y in 2-4 weeks right now. Why would I pay as much for used?

When wait periods were 3+ months the crazy high used prices made sense. Now they are just a little silly.

There is also a glut of used Teslas out there due to those same high used prices. The high used prices prompted a ton of flipping and upgrading. Lots of supply means lower prices.

You need to find out how much they sell them for. Quick search shows Vroom has Model Ys including both LR and P sell for around $75K, so looks like they are trying to maximize their profit than the market is falling apart.

You need to find out how much they sell them for. Quick search shows Vroom has Model Ys including both LR and P sell for around $75K, so looks like they are trying to maximize their profit than the market is falling apart.
Trade-in values would be a leading indicator as they look to offset risk of not being able to command current list prices — if you’re seeing listings for $75k, obviously those vehicles haven’t sold yet.

Gotta be forward-looking here rather than just focusing on the current picture and what’s readily visible, list prices rose before trade-in offers and they will be the last thing to drop.

Reactions: voxel

Nah.. they bought high and are trying to sell high. Same thing happened with Mach-Es back in late spring... I know two people who sold MME GTs at high prices to Carvana and Carvana could not sell them for 4+ months at the obscene prices.

Hopefully Carvana will realize their errors and sell at a small loss and try to make it up in financing.

• Funny
Reactions: Ogre
Hmm, the wait period for new ones is shrinking and used prices are falling. I wonder if we will finally see some pressure on them to cut prices? It'd be nice for the base model 3 to get back closer to $40k.

I don't know if Tesla would lower prices but we should see USED prices LESS than new ones in a few months. There is no reason why a used Tesla should be $5K more than a new one if the wait times are only 2 months.

Carvana lost $439M last quarter... probably even more this quarter.

The Q1 loss was as big

"The company's net loss rose from $82 million in Q1 2021 to $506 million in Q1 2022"

Buy high, sell low model only works for Cathy Wood. :D
LOL. Those two follow the same trajectory.

1663268874292.png

Reactions: Venturer