Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boy Am I Pissed Now.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect they're mad at being messed around by Tesla's internal mess.

If somebody has a scheduled appointment to perform a specific part replacement on a driveable vehicle they shouldn't be dropping it off and be given a loaner for 2 weeks.
Had exactly that happen to me. Sure, it was great to get a filthy loaner (went to the carwash immediately), but two weeks for a 4 hour job that was scheduled and then get my lovely X back with a lovely coating of rain dotted dust? First world problem - I know. :D

It may take days to fix even minor issues due to poor build quality, parts availability and sheer number of vehicle that need fixing, and this is not unusual

wow.. you sneaked in two dog whistle terms here unnecessarily - poor build quality and sheer number of vehicle that need fixing. Take your exaggerations to twitter tslaq threads, and you will be a hero

• Disagree
Reactions: aaron0k
Are you really disputing that Tesla has had quality issues? Issues owners would want fixed? Which requires service?
Which company does not have any service issues? Exaggeration is another branch of lying. It is being dishonest.

Yo might as well say, Tesla cars catch fire and explode all the time to the mix, because there was one car in China that caught fire.

Not much different than paying $400 (first annual service) for a fake ~$1 key batteries and wiper blades :rolleyes:
Yes I got my first annual service and invoice said replaced key batteries when I didn't even bring all my keys.

I think some credit should be given to Tesla for changing course on annual maintenance;

Does my car require an annual maintenance service?
Your Tesla does not require annual maintenance and regular fluid changes. Please check your Owner’s Manual for latest maintenance recommendations for your Tesla.​

It's like they're not even trying at this point.

Losing out on high-margin stuff like annual maintenance ($1 battery) is also probably core to their declining attention to service issues and resulting criticism. Unlike the dealership model where "Service" is a high priority revenue generator; for Tesla it's a festering cost center. (self-injury magnified by quality issues.)

They're not greedy = Caca Service

Reactions: BulldogsRus
I think some credit should be given to Tesla for changing course on annual maintenance;

Does my car require an annual maintenance service?
Your Tesla does not require annual maintenance and regular fluid changes. Please check your Owner’s Manual for latest maintenance recommendations for your Tesla.​

Losing out on high-margin stuff like annual maintenance ($1 battery) is also probably core to their declining attention to service issues and resulting criticism. Unlike the dealership model where "Service" is a high priority revenue generator; for Tesla it's a festering cost center. (self-injury magnified by quality issues.)

They're not greedy = Caca Service
No annual maintenance is fairly recent. Mine was done sometime in ~October/November 2017.
Either Tesla is getting a great deal from suppliers (screen, MCU, suspension parts etc.) or Tesla is hoping to make up enough money from replacing these parts for out of warranty cars ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tesla is hoping to make up enough money from replacing these parts for out of warranty cars ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think you might be on to something! Two MCU's died on me, out of warranty... $$$$... due to self-destruction (/var/log).

You won't have to replace your brake pads due to wear, but you will you will have to replace your solid-state MCU. ICE vs. EV irony.

Last edited:
Two weeks ago scheduled, Dallas can't get their S--T together.

Bitter..? - Table for one.

I think that's just another con in the non-dealership model. Maybe Dallas really can not organize their fecal matter; yet Littleton, CO has plenty of loaners and chilled cans of White Claw in their waiting room.

We can certainly poop on the service at Lou Albano's Honda, which doesn't necessarily say that Honda is ape feces; however it seems Tesla has a much different public perspective due to their monolithic model.

Pro's and con's... it's all fair game?

It is typical for automotive forums to proclaim that service and dependability for their specific model is horrible and they have long wait times, and they are charged high prices for replacement parts. Totally normal.

People tend to come here and complain that their high expectations have not been met. Usually mention that their privious vehicles were trouble free, got a tremendous deal when they bought them, and sold them after X number of years for more than they paid for them. Again...see it all the time.

Tesla tracks their warranty expenses and they are often discussed when financial people rate their companies. Tesla has constantly been reducing their warranty costs. Perhaps this is due to them making better cars recently, or perhaps because they are not being so lax with doing everything for free.

My two Tesla have been very reliable, and most of the friends that also own them have been very satisfied. That does not mean that some owners will not be satisfied as well.

When I had Mercedes I noticed that the Service area was always far bigger than the Sales Center. The Service writers made more money than the typical Sales person. Sales people came and went, but the service guys seemed to stay around for years. The Finance guys also made lots of money and were incentivized to sell maintenance packages, paint protection, interior protection, tire/wheel protection...all sorts of highly profitable things that appealed to owners wanting to avoid unexpected high bills.

Tesla is different. The service writers are only there to fix the cars. The repair technicians are not on commission. They do not try to sell you additional profit items, but just want to get you back on the road as quickly as possible.

I remember those days. Tesla would practicaly rebuild used Model S to like new condition and sell for CPO prices. Many thought it was foolish to buy new.
They still had lots of problems, but the few service centers they had, mostly had technicians standing around, waiting for a customer.
They did most everything for free, rotated tires, fixed tires, loaded software, gave free replacement key fobs and batteries.
Had a few aluminum trailers they would use to pick up owners cars from their garages, bring them to the centers to be fixed and returned them when finished. Usually at no charge.

Deliveries would give you a goodie bag with Nice Tesla pen, a coffee mug and for some, even a properly painted little model of their car.

Good old days...yet still the forums were full of people complaining about many of the same type of things. Complaining that their Tesla loaners were not as good as their own cars. Complained that they could not plug into the service center or showroom charging stations, complaining that they just missed out on either Supercharging capability or the latest FSD fleet of sensors.

Guess we are just a complaining bunch. :)

Deliveries would give you a goodie bag with Nice Tesla pen, a coffee mug and for some, even a properly painted little model of their car.

Good old days...

They would even drop you off at LAX; store and wash your car, then schedule to pick you up (no service appointment necessary)... I wasn't complaining.

Guess we are just a complaining bunch. :)

Welcome to the internet. You're safe here. Trust me...