Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake and Roll test

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mod note: 27 posts moved to snippiness. Some posts were merely quoting a post that had to be moved, or were perhaps part of a sub-conversation that would have no context once the original snippy post was moved. Collateral damage. You can go find your post in the link and copy/paste pertinent into to this thread if desired.

A reminder that ad hominem attacks are not permitted here. Calling people a troll or, alternatively, fanboy is not OK. Political posts not directly related to EV politics should be discussed elsewhere. And members who continually create work for the moderators are likely to end up with temporary or permanent bans, or to be put on probation.

Regardless of whether you like CNET or whether you agree with their piece overall, Tesla’s statement to Roadshow about the brake and roll being redundant with the on-track test is exempt from any possible “gushing”. That was just a statement from Tesla. Some possible logical conclusions from this statement alone:
1) Roadshow misreported and Tesla didn’t really say that
2) Tesla honestly thinks the brake and roll test is redundant and it is
3) Tesla honestly thinks the brake and roll test is redundant but it isn’t
4) Tesla removed the test despite a known safety risk

Draw whichever conclusion you like, but this is a gush-free analysis.
@Barklikeadog, which conclusion do you subscribe to? Really I think this comes down to whether you trust what Tesla/Elon says or not. The truth here is important: if Tesla was being dishonest in their statement about test redundancy, then everyone deserves to know. But personally I don't think they were, and dishonesty wouldn't be in their economic interest given what's on the line. There are, however, parties who do have an economic interest to cast aspersions.

Reactions: nvx1977
Ever read a technical “news” article on a topic that you understand inside and out. Years of study in school, more years at a top company in the field... And then wonder how many other "news" articles are also full of uneducated blabber...

One such example is financial news trying to write about Tesla. Unless I am looking for an opportunity to pick up TSLA shares when the SP is dipping for no good reason I stop reading when they confuse power and energy (e.g. kW and kWh).

Not that I claim to be an expert on the topic, it's more that I learned about those things at such a young age that it is not yet gone from my memory.