Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Breaking News: Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Tesla re: FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
whats funny is even the Tesla/Elon supporters on this forum...arent giving Tesla (nor their new "hardcore litigation Lawyer team") a chance. Its "the law firm WILL win big/they will get the most money" as their verdict already. NO ONE is saying "this will get tossed out quickly, as Elon never said "i promise" or gave a timeline.

Dudes...at LEAST give Tesla/Elon/his "hardcore litigation team" at least a fighting chance on this one! you never now, Elon may fight and actually win this one. (unlike that last one with the multi million dollar settlement). 🤣🤣
Good point

TMC, like many other segments of society, is polarizing. There are the shills, and the haters. The area in between those two is hotly contested and usually lumped into one or the other.

I have an excellent experience with FSD Beta. I've said repeatedly that 90% of the time it drives very well, and 10% of the time it tries to kill me. I pay close attention and intervene when necessary - reporting as I do. But because I don't have a terrible experience, and complain about every little hiccup, some think me a shill. On the flip side, there are people who have terrible experiences with the car, where it's the opposite of me - 10% of the time it drives very well and 90% of the time it's trying to kill them. That's their experience, and I don't begrudge them for voicing it. However, some think they are haters.

The truth always lies somewhere in the middle. People with absolutely terrible experiences, my guess is something is wrong with their cars. Either software issues with their model, or hardware issues (usually with their cameras). I feel bad for them, as they're not having a positive, or at least a reasonably positive, experience like I am. Hopefully their issues are resolved either with software updates, or they take it to service and have it repaired.

Some people just don't have room in their head for grey areas. :)
For reals. I love 10.69 as it works amazingly for me. I also recognize that it works extremely poorly for others, and that it’s not what was originally advertised. I love 10.69 because I’ve severely adjusted my expectations down from when I first bought the car. Does deluding myself reframing the situation to be happy make me a shill?

If you bought the car to get 'FSD/robotaxi' & would have otherwise not have done so, if you knew it couldn't be achieved, a legal argument may be able to be made for the entire car cost to be refunded
I think there was a legal case in Germany earlier this year where Tesla had to refund the entire car cost due to misrepresentations on autopilot
I definitely fall into this category. To be honest……. I didn’t care at all about the Model 3 being an EV. I’ve been driving a Prius for years, and fuel prices are higher in a Tesla on road trips compared to my Prius. I only bought my Model 3 because of all the automation the company directly advertised. Then I got it and saw that common cruise control didn’t work because of all the phantom braking. I hated the car for the first month.

I eventually learned to love the Beast, though. Maybe someday it’ll turn into a prince.

Hmmmm, I don't put labels on people. I find it interesting that several times on here when I say something positive about Telsa or the car, I am suddenly a shill. But when I criticize something, I am suddenly an EV hater. :oops:
You are the living embodiment of a Certs Breath Mint: Two, Two, Two posters in one.;)

Last edited:
2101Guy, u short TSLA..?
I never short anything. No puts or options or whatever. I literally dont even know how to do those types of transactions nor do I care to.

For MANY years I've simply done (and continue to do) the Bogleheads 3 fund approach to investing. Boring, but simple and (Over time) effective. And no 1% going to some firm. Thats in addition to maxing out 401k's for at least a couple of decades and never touching/borrowing from it.

Reactions: Sharps97
The complaint alleges that since at least 2016, Tesla has misleadingly and deceptively marketed its supposed autopilot and full self-driving technology as either already fully functional or just around the corner. As Tesla states in a video first published on its website in October 2016 that purports to show a Tesla car driving itself:

The person in the driver’s seat is only there for legal reasons. He is not driving anything. The car is driving itself.”

The New York Times would later report that the video was doctored to exclude, among other things, the Tesla crashing into a barrier.
I bought my s in late 2016. did not purchase FSD even though salesperson said "available at a future date" (Exact words) sounded scammy to me so i said no thanks. I dont think there is ANY basis for this lawsuit, unless somebody wrote down a specific date as to when it would be delivered. The future is, well....the future so what was told to me was legally true.
Tesla will drag this on and on because as they likely know already, FSD is not possible with vision only systems. there are three things you either have or will know as a tesla owner:
Elon has your money.
Elon no longer cares about you.
Get used to it.

Reactions: PerBB and TessP100D
I bought my s in late 2016. did not purchase FSD even though salesperson said "available at a future date" (Exact words) sounded scammy to me so i said no thanks. I dont think there is ANY basis for this lawsuit, unless somebody wrote down a specific date as to when it would be delivered. The future is, well....the future so what was told to me was legally true.
Tesla will drag this on and on because as they likely know already, FSD is not possible with vision only systems. there are three things you either have or will know as a tesla owner:
Elon has your money.
Get used to it.
Correct. And Tesla knew/knows that. But with Radar components being unavailable for a period of time during supply chain crisis, had to still sell cars with less features/functions(but at higher price), and come up with an excuse to do so. I cant argue that it wasnt a brilliant strategy, as (once again), (some) people truly believed that Vision only would ultimately be the best solution. (Often same people who truly believe Robotaxi service would be available by Dec 2019).

Now that some supply chain is starting to clear up:

Last edited:
whats funny is even the Tesla/Elon supporters on this forum...arent giving Tesla (nor their new "hardcore litigation Lawyer team") a chance. Its "the law firm WILL win big/they will get the most money" as their verdict already. NO ONE is saying "this will get tossed out quickly, as Elon never said "i promise" or gave a timeline.

Dudes...at LEAST give Tesla/Elon/his "hardcore litigation team" at least a fighting chance on this one! you never now, Elon may fight and actually win this one. (unlike that last one with the multi million dollar settlement). 🤣🤣

California juries just love (love, I tell ya') to give away other people's money. This will be a big $$ win, but will take years.

Reactions: 2101Guy
Elon has your money.
Get used to it.
There was a time when the Autosteer on City Streets section of the Design Studio on Tesla's order page claimed it was "Coming later this year" -- that was quietly changed to "Coming soon" around October 2021.

Descriptions, layout, and disclaimers on the official website have been gradually modified over the years as targets were not hit, I would fully expect this lawsuit to bring out archived/snapshotted versions of all this along with a timeline of tweaks and changes.

If a payout does happen, I think it would be based on time of purchase relative to what was depicted on the website/order page, maybe recently communicated by Elon on Twitter etc, and who knows what else.

Correct. And Tesla knew/knows that. But with Radar components being unavailable for a period of time during supply chain crisis, had to still sell cars with less features/functions(but at higher price), and come up with an excuse to do so. I cant argue that it wasnt a brilliant strategy, as (once again), (some) people truly believed that Vision only would ultimately be the best solution. (Often same people who truly believe Robotaxi service would be available by Dec 2019).

Now that some supply chain is starting to clear up:

Diden't think about that, but youre probably right 😳😳😳

Reactions: 2101Guy
The willfull and intentional doctoring of the video by Tesla. To deceive the consumer into thinking the FSD product could perform in a way that it really couldnt.

Wow..Just..WOW.
I know, right.

1663346799830.png

I would have given you a thumbs up IF you would have used a better comparison. Something more More apples to apples. The one you used still has two pieces of meat, 3 pieces of bread, same size, etc.

In the case of the doctored video (which actually hid a CRASH INTO A CONCRETE WALL) of FSD? A bit..different my friend. hahahaha

• Funny
Reactions: PerBB and Dewg