Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brighter interior lighting and Tesla T puddle lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Too bad :(
I have contacted "Abstract Ocean" and suggested that since they have better than OEM Aftermarket Puddle Lights, why not modify them a bit to reflect the logo on the floor. Abstract Ocean lights are much more brighter, very easy to inbstall and require no modification to your car, basically plug and play. I am awaiting there replay.
BTW: If a lot of us send Abstract Ocean a request, I hope they might give it some serious consideration.
If interested, please send them a request by clicking on Support (at the bottom left) of their web site at Online Store for Tesla Model S & X Accessories | AbstractOcean.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Blu Zap
They include a whole saw. Did you drill through the original puddle light housing to widen it?
Hi ABVA
Yes. i removed the lens from the light assembly using a small spatula. I kept the old light unit- I might put in different LED buttons. i used my drill press and a gum rubber support (like you would use to clean a belt or disk sander). Slowest speed. If you align to the central dot in the lens area, and take your time, it comes out perfectly. I found that rocking the lens slightly (hence the rubber support) helped cut the hole cleanly. The new light unit drops in, you can align it before you put into place or tune the position before you finally push into place. Wiring- i just spliced into the existing wires- took about 10 minutes. Kept the original plug intact. You could use 3M clip-on or other options. I have had these lights in since November (maybe earlier, i have forgotten.) I drive the car everyday, no apparent fade as others have noted with some lights.

Reactions: Blu Zap
Too bad :(
I have contacted "Abstract Ocean" and suggested that since they have better than OEM Aftermarket Puddle Lights, why not modify them a bit to reflect the logo on the floor. Abstract Ocean lights are much more brighter, very easy to inbstall and require no modification to your car, basically plug and play. I am awaiting there replay.
BTW: If a lot of us send Abstract Ocean a request, I hope they might give it some serious consideration.
If interested, please send them a request by clicking on Support (at the bottom left) of their web site at Online Store for Tesla Model S & X Accessories | AbstractOcean.com
@ABVA request has been sent. We'll see what we get. Thanks for the research and info.

Hi
I forgot to complete the reply to ABVA on April 13. To widen the existing hole in the door, i used a Dremel tool with a sanding drum. I carefully widened only enough to allow the back nut to clear the black vinyl and plastic door casing. This is a remove a bit, test, remove a bit more, test, etc. Just enough to allow fitment, and still remains "invisible". Hope this helps.