Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bring back the "old" Blue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a terribly thought provoking post, but I find myself logging into the Teslamotors.com site once in a while just to see if the color options have updated. See, I had a beautiful 2013 Blue MS and traded it in for a midnight silver 70D not too long ago. The midnight silver is nice, but I see the old blue ones still running around and miss that color a lot. Why not add it back to the list? They can keep the prom dress blue color on their too! Why did they ever get rid of that color.....

So I'm totally biased, but I love my old blue S. I like the new blue, but not as much as the old blue. When I upgrade (cough AP2.0, 100kw) then I guess I'd have to choose between midnight silver, obsidian, and the new blue).

However, I do like the new midnight silver over the dolphin gray. My wife's S is dolphin gray, and while it's a nice color it seems a little "flat". Tesla needs to add some more colors outside of the white/black/gray monochromatic scheme.

I had the old blue on my model s. I loved that it would look black at night but look blue in the day. I guess I do have to admit that, like most black cars, it looks bad when it gets dirty. But I think that's true of the new blue (or any color) as well.

When I traded in for my model X I configured the new blue but after a while I just didn't think I could like it as much so I paid the configuration change fee to switch to midnight silver. Really love that midnight silver over the old dolphin grey.

Can't decide how to configure your X?

The blues are different enough that I think they could offer both. I don't think they need to swap one for the other, but I'd bet they'd sell more of the old blue than the new if swapped out. The old blue was definitely a b*tch to keep clean, but applying the xpel does wonders.

Maybe a nice background will help change your minds?!?!? :p I'm loving all the blue in the photo!

Attachments

• IMG_5279.JPG
    IMG_5279.JPG
    405.6 KB · Views: 149
They can keep the prom dress blue color .....
LOL! It's totally "Prom Dress Blue". As far as I'm concerned, that's its new name. :cool:

My wife really likes Prom Dress Blue (which she thinks is Cobalt Blue), and if it had been available at the time, I think that's the color we would have driven home. Original blue looks black to me unless it's directly in the sun. Lighting definitely makes a huge difference with Tesla's paint colors.

Both of these blues are dark next to Laurent's car, though.