Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Browser now full screen only s/x on v10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D6ACAE5D-6BD1-4D39-A6CC-5EAEB5F7E8E9.jpeg
Why? Why forced such regression?!
Browser on s and x previously can be half screen or full screen, allowing you to keep a web app open while still using the nav. I frequently have Tesla winds or weather radar up.
In v10 2019.32.11, it is forced to by 80% screen only. Browser doesn’t seem like it works any better on MCU1 , just that the 50% screen option is gone.

also, no enhanced summon for me.
No theatre mode or games either
MCU1 AP2.0 in Canada

Yeah this is my ONLY irritation with the V10 UI.

I wish they would restore the ability for the browser to use "half a screen." In the past, this allowed to me use Waze and one more app or another Web page that I use to manage my home automation components including the garage door opening.

Now the browser takes up the whole screen and it actually looks pretty ugly with wasted space and I am no longer able to use the browser with another app. I hope they restore the ability to use the browser in "half screen" mode.

Reactions: Sabre Man
I use abetterrouteplanner.com alot and that has the 'half' screen mode fit the consumption graph. It was already annoying that in V9 you could not have the browser open and for example the consumption graph as was possible in V8.

Do let Tesla know! [email protected] and send the same email to your SeC.

Yeah this is my ONLY irritation with the V10 UI.

I wish they would restore the ability for the browser to use "half a screen." In the past, this allowed to me use Waze and one more app or another Web page that I use to manage my home automation components including the garage door opening.

Now the browser takes up the whole screen and it actually looks pretty ugly with wasted space and I am no longer able to use the browser with another app. I hope they restore the ability to use the browser in "half screen" mode.

Why stop there? You can drag the browser to any size you want, but it won't lock. I want to ability to lock it into any size I need/want.

I use abetterrouteplanner.com alot and that has the 'half' screen mode fit the consumption graph. It was already annoying that in V9 you could not have the browser open and for example the consumption graph as was possible in V8.

Do let Tesla know! [email protected] and send the same email to your SeC.

Can also leave feedback via your Tesla account. Might be a better option so they know you are a real owner instead of just random emails. (Not sure if they would validate your email address or not.)

Everyone affected by this, please submit a support request from your Tesla Account.

Something else I loved about being able to have the browser in half screen mode is when I'm on my way to pick up someone from the airport. half screen view is perfect for monitoring the incoming flight while using another app.

That's not fullscreen either - it's a forced mostly-full screen that reminds me we still have v9's unpopular forced map at all times (and why v9 slowed down MCU1)

The earlier choices op top/bottom/full were always better but they will probably fix this eventually - it's probably just another problem caused by Tesla no longer quality testing anything but Model 3.

At leat in V10, we get to keep the rear view camera and the music player on at the same time. I was afraid they'd change that.

There are so many uses for the browser to be used with only half the screen and I really hope they fix this functionality so the browser can be used with another app.

Has anyone found a solution to the browser no longer operating in half screen mode?

This is a major hassle :(

The other day I was driving to the airport and I used to be able to have the browser open in half screen mode to track the incoming flight while still being able to use another app but now no more and it is just a waste of space to not be able to use the browser is half screen mode.

Has anyone found a solution to the browser no longer operating in half screen mode?

This is a major hassle :(

The other day I was driving to the airport and I used to be able to have the browser open in half screen mode to track the incoming flight while still being able to use another app but now no more and it is just a waste of space to not be able to use the browser is half screen mode.

I agree. This is really annoying. Also emailed Tesla at [email protected] and urge everyone to report the bug.

For all who are bothered, you need to up your dosage of Elon coolaid. Elon says you car gets better with every update, so please stop the heretic talk how it is not. For all (myself included) who liked to use Waze, we are the sinners, we are supposed to wait for the SDK Elon said is coming soon, then someone can write a Waze app. He promised it in 2013 so it must be almost ready for release. It probably would have been here but they had to add MCU2 support so apps can work on ARM and Intel, hence the delay - Elon is never wrong and always has a valid reason why things don't show up when planned.

Seriously though, Tesla has made me hate connected cars which can be updated over the air. From shipping vaporware to forcing older car to run software designed for a different new car. When I shop for cars now, first question is, does it have OTA? Can I opt out of new features and have security updates only?

I emailed Tesla about this ‘bug’ once V10 came out. Just received a response:

Thank you for contacting Tesla! I apologize for the delayed response, but I'm happy to assist. Unfortunately, we are not able to restore specific functionalities once they have been removed. However I do understand this was a useful feature for you. I will forward this feedback appropriate team for consideration in future updates, though we cannot promise that this feature will become available again, our team reviews every customer request seriously.

We appreciate you being a part of the Tesla community! Feel free to reach out with additional questions or concerns.

I just replied to them that it’s not a removed feature, but a bug in my opinion. But it seems that we’re not getting it back any time soon.

I emailed Tesla about this ‘bug’ once V10 came out. Just received a response:

Thank you for contacting Tesla! I apologize for the delayed response, but I'm happy to assist. Unfortunately, we are not able to restore specific functionalities once they have been removed. However I do understand this was a useful feature for you. I will forward this feedback appropriate team for consideration in future updates, though we cannot promise that this feature will become available again, our team reviews every customer request seriously.

We appreciate you being a part of the Tesla community! Feel free to reach out with additional questions or concerns.

I just replied to them that it’s not a removed feature, but a bug in my opinion. But it seems that we’re not getting it back any time soon.
Appreciate your time, but your changes of success are slim to none, unless you can get some media hype. The way to deal with Tesla is not to report issues to people, because they don't have proper channels for bug reporting; you have to get negative media attention, which is what gets Elon's attention. I have yet to see them reverse any features or add them back based on customer feedback - it always takes media hype.

Reactions: Knightowl