Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buena Park Service Center complaints

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The employees here were very rude. Acted like i don't know charging etiquette and told me to wait my turn.

The service agents there are mindless group of people.

1. They don't reply to email promptly or simply not at all

2. They don't follow up with you when they said they should. I picked up the vehicle and the guy said he'll let the service agent know to call me on Monday. While standing there, I emailed both of them to remind them to give me a call, never happened. Multiple of times this have occurred.

3. They are narrow mind and only focus on one thing. My door handle was a bit low on all four doors scraping off the paint. I brought it and pointed out to them. They adjusted the handle. I asked if they did paint touch up to fix the scrap paint, they were like oh. Go back to #2 above. Took it in twice and each time they adjusted the handle and not even touch up the paint.

4. The vehicle is done service waiting in the lot, never called me to come pick it up. I call the service, no answer. I came the next morning figured it should be done by now, apparently it was done mid day previous day and no one think to call.

5. Drove up to drop off for service, 4 guys sitting at their desk slouching as if they are surfing the internet, non looked outside to see if there are customers and just sat there. 5-10 minutes later i walked in and ask for a service agent, they were like oh, how can we help you.

the list goes on and on. If they are in fact suppose to be a luxury car company, their service should also. I've written a complaint to tesla and have not gotten any responses.

The service agents there are mindless group of people.

the list goes on and on. If they are in fact suppose to be a luxury car company, their service should also. I've written a complaint to tesla and have not gotten any responses.

Have you been receiving survey requests? Van Nuys and Burbank agents will verbally inform you that a survey will be emailed to you after the service and that they would appreciate you filling it out. Each time you had your car serviced should trigger a survey request, I think.

Have you been receiving survey requests? Van Nuys and Burbank agents will verbally inform you that a survey will be emailed to you after the service and that they would appreciate you filling it out. Each time you had your car serviced should trigger a survey request, I think.
I did and provided feedback on the survey request too. The Buena Park place didn't call me to pick up the car. When I came myself to get it, no mention of survey and the service guy who there, seem to be just an attendant. No mention of the survey or even ask me any questions. When I pointed out to him the paint job wasn't done, he said he'll email my service guy to call me on Monday, this was Sunday. That very moment, I sent him and the service guy an email as a reminder to contact me regarding the concern. No call back whatsoever. I called to leave voicemail and email again, no callback whatsoever.

My previous experience at this location was just as bad when I had my 1st year service. This is my 2nd year service. Sadly beggar cant be chooser as the only other SC for me is in Costa Mesa, which is another 20 minutes for me coming from Inland Empire and out of my normal route.

• Informative
Reactions: emchen
I did and provided feedback on the survey request too. The Buena Park place didn't call me to pick up the car. When I came myself to get it, no mention of survey and the service guy who there, seem to be just an attendant. No mention of the survey or even ask me any questions. When I pointed out to him the paint job wasn't done, he said he'll email my service guy to call me on Monday, this was Sunday. That very moment, I sent him and the service guy an email as a reminder to contact me regarding the concern. No call back whatsoever. I called to leave voicemail and email again, no callback whatsoever.

My previous experience at this location was just as bad when I had my 1st year service. This is my 2nd year service. Sadly beggar cant be chooser as the only other SC for me is in Costa Mesa, which is another 20 minutes for me coming from Inland Empire and out of my normal route.

Wow. That's a bummer service experience. I have had nothing but luck at Buena Park. I didn't even know you could get a car out of service on a Sunday. So I imagine that whoever gave you the car back was not in service and forgot to email the service advisor. Not cool, but that's probably what happened, and also why you did not get a survey.

Whenever I have driven up there, there has almost always been someone at the outdoor kiosk, or they are out momentarily. As for why they are all staring at there screens all day - that is what they do. Process service requests, check status, and update schedules - I wouldn't want that job for the world.

At any rate, I would call and talk to a service manager or the store manager and see if you can get it straighten out.

Good luck!

Reactions: emchen
I have unfortunately had terrible luck with the Buena Park service department. I took delivery of my car with a ding on the inside trim molding. It has been several months and they still don't have the parts to fix it. Secondly all the super chargers at Buena Park are basically taken up by the store and service department, and they are in no hurry to move them. I waited in line to charge my car that needed a full charge, after I finish the next car filled my spot. Not one of the other cars out of the eight stalls moved the entire time I waited and charged. They are obviously not paying the idle fee. No point in going to Buena Park super charger if it is during regular store hours. There needs to be several complaints going out to Tesla headquarters.

There needs to be several complaints going out to Tesla headquarters.
^^^^ This!
I recommend that each and every time that someone has a wait to use this Supercharger due to the service center, make a formal report to Tesla. Write this (or similar):
"To whom it may concern,
I attempted to charge my vehicle and the Buena Park Supercharger today. However, most stalls were taken up by Service Center vehicles. As a consequence, there was a line of *** cars waiting to charge and I had to wait *** minutes to start. Please ask your Service Center to move their vehicles after a reasonable charge has been obtained so as to make room for those you need to reach their destination in a timely fashion."

Reactions: smilepak
I've never received a survey, even when I've made a purchase for accessories, which aren't cheap. I've also not received any update to my outstanding issue of a misaligned hood/driver's front fender, which came from the factory but I missed during my vehicle delivery. They acknowledge the hood is misaligned but still waiting three months for a new, painted hood. Premium car and premium service? Ya.