Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bump in front of foot pedals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to hear about this, but I'm quite relieved to hear I am not alone in this. I found myself sticking to the "hover over the accelerator" in traffic, as it's a familiar/safer position despite my discomfort, and when the roads opened up, going with the "planting it in front of the brakes" position, which, as you say, is a touch far for comfort, but with EAP and no other cars around, I figure it'll have to do -- especially on extended trips.

I have to say I really don’t notice it while driving, though I do when getting in the car. Kind of surprised it doesn’t cause more issues for me.

Gotta love EVs and their thick battery-laden floors.

You guys should have waited for the Porsche Taycan! Zee Germans do not suffer such indignities lightly and have undoubtedly addressed such abominations in their flawless vehicle.

Anyone else irritated by the elevation change in front of the foot pedals? I can't seem get my right foot in a good spot when in autopilot. Stay on the higher plain and I'm too far from the brake. Stay on the lower plain and my foot is resting on the gas pedal.
I never noticed the elevation change, but I do have a hard time finding a good place to put my right foot when I'm using autopilot. I'm so used to constantly using my right foot from driving other cars and it just feel weird having it no nothing.

Bump? What bump? I guess I'll have to look closely when I get in the car tonight. I usually hover my right foot over the go pedal when running TACC. Essentially I just keep my heel planted and bend my foot back at the ankle. In long applications my foot moves away from the pedal by an inch or two. Never have I hovered over the brake.

Reactions: JeffK
Bump? What bump? I guess I'll have to look closely when I get in the car tonight.
This is why I wanted a picture to see what people are referring to.

I have a the maxpider kagu mats. This isn't my car as I have different pedals, but I put my heel in the red square, there's a change in elevation behind the red square toward the seat... but that's not where I put my foot. I'm guessing the battery is right underneath there.

i0A9sFA.jpg