Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

. . . but what do you miss from your old car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVer Hopeful

Jul 7, 2021
Texas
So far the only thing I have on the PriusV that I don't have on the Y is a red horizontal line on the backup camera screen that was supposed to be 18 inches behind me. I tested it and it was pretty accurate, though I'm not sure how it handled the angle of the camera

Having said that, the Y tells me in inches how far I am from the obstruction AND it has bendy lines to indicate where the car is pointing (The PriusV just had two straight lines for that)

Oh, the PriusV had a retractable roof shade too - very useful in Texas

And a cargo cover, but tbh I stopped using that in the end

1635694394178.jpeg
I miss my first Tesla's custom color!

Reactions: Sixth
Real knobs for heater controls and seat heaters. Actually from 2 cars ago, the 2012 Outback and 2004 Forester. Should be able to change heat settings without looking.

2014 Outback (last car) heater buttons were too fussy, had to look for them, even after 7 years.

Voice control is ok, but not the same.

I get it, the simplifying of mechanical functions is a huge benefit for design and production. But still, a couple dedicated rotary switches could still be FBW, and robust as anything.

Reactions: house9
I came from a 2016 Honda Odyssey. I don’t think I miss anything from that car (which I actually really liked and appreciated) other than maybe the capacity to seat 7 other people. It helps that the Odyssey was old enough to not have some of the more modern features that the MYP is also missing such as rear cross traffic warning. The Odyssey did have blind spot warning in the mirror, but I never really used it as I never broke the habit of turning around to check my blind spot.

Two months in, the MYP has really worked very well for me, and I honestly haven’t felt like I’m missing anything. I would certainly like to have stuff such as Apple car play, rear cross traffic alert, and dumb cruise (although I haven’t really experienced phantom braking and hardly ever used cruise control in the Odyssey), but I don’t miss these things because I either never had them or basically never used them.

Reactions: Baluchi
So far the only thing I have on the PriusV that I don't have on the Y is a red horizontal line on the backup camera screen that was supposed to be 18 inches behind me. I tested it and it was pretty accurate, though I'm not sure how it handled the angle of the camera

Having said that, the Y tells me in inches how far I am from the obstruction AND it has bendy lines to indicate where the car is pointing (The PriusV just had two straight lines for that)

Oh, the PriusV had a retractable roof shade too - very useful in Texas

And a cargo cover, but tbh I stopped using that in the end
Looking at your avatar --- --- makes me miss my 1971 VW Campmobile.

I miss the blind spot side mirrors on my 2012 Ford Focus. And also the rear-view mirror that could be manually dimmed. So just mirror stuff for me.

Reactions: Baluchi
1-Steering wheel controls on my Volt that allowed me to fast forward on songs and podcasts.
2-knobs for quick heat/air controls.
3-glovebox handle/button.
1. If you are talking about advancing and goign to previous track, the use the left thumb roller. Push it to the right to advance a track, push it to the left to go to the previous track.

Keith

PS: Missed blind spot warning in mirrors and birds eye view camera for parking. I added some convex stick on mirrors to help with blind spots, and I am going to add a rear camera that displays on a new rear view mirror / display unit, and a front camera tied to a gauge cluster replacement... that will help a bit

Reactions: BMWM3Man