Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

. . . but what do you miss from your old car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) "Oh *sugar*!" handles. (I'm older, and sometimes use them to make ingress/egress easier.)
2) Blind spot indicator lights in the mirrors. I'm wondering if Hertz will motivate Tesla to do a hardware upgrade, as I think the lights are enough of an industry standard that the mainstream public expects them and looks for them. For safety/liability purposes, Hertz might request them.

I miss nothing from my BMW. Well, I will miss being left at the side of the road three times with a cooling system failure and steam pouring out from under the hood while coolant pours out under the car. I'll miss the $10,000+ replacement price of the twin turbos. I'll miss the > $400 per month I spent in the last 18 months I owned it repairing or replacing failed systems that don't exist in an EV.

• Funny
Reactions: OxBrew
2) Blind spot indicator lights in the mirrors. I'm wondering if Hertz will motivate Tesla to do a hardware upgrade, as I think the lights are enough of an industry standard that the mainstream public expects them and looks for them. For safety/liability purposes, Hertz might request them.
I like that idea! If anything, a rental car should feel familiar, and most drivers are probably used to BSM mirrors.

“Dumb” cruise control with no phantom braking.
I came to this thread to same the same thing. We just finished a road trip over the weekend. TACC and Autopilot were unusable...constant braking, warning of lane departures, etc. because as far as I can tell, the temporary construction/lane painting on SOCAL freeways is thoroughly confusing to Vision only cars.

I like that idea! If anything, a rental car should feel familiar, and most drivers are probably used to BSM mirrors.
Both our Audi A4 and Subaru Forester have a light on the inner/window side of the mirror housing rather than just the LED in the corner of the actual mirror. I’ve found this arrangement to be much more noticeable and preferable.

Nope, I don’t think so. You can skip to next song, but you can’t fast forward through parts of songs or podcasts. The Volt allowed me to skip forward through songs, as well as skip forward in 30 second increments.

But happy to be informed otherwise. Please let me know how…

Ah yeah maybe only skip to next song. Enjoy the song and relax!

Old car was a 2019 BMW X3 M40i. I miss…

HID. 360 degree top view. Blind spot warning. The dead pedal being 2” to the left of the Tesla’s (hate aiming my left leg/foot to the right). Softer ride for cruising (the BMW was tight but civilized). I’d say a center speedometer but I never used it because of the excellent HID. Rear cover that didn’t obscure two speakers when pulled closed. Rear camera that wasn’t rendered useless when rain got on it. And, I confess, burbles and backfires when downshifting. Ok, I said it.

Both our Audi A4 and Subaru Forester have a light on the inner/window side of the mirror housing rather than just the LED in the corner of the actual mirror. I’ve found this arrangement to be much more noticeable and preferable.
A long time ago I had an Acura MDX with the blind spot warning on the inside on the A pillar - MUCH better than the mirror mounted (or in the mirror) on the 4 BMWs I’ve had since. You knew if something was there before looking in the mirror.

Reactions: sleepydoc