Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buttershrimp's FSD Coast to Coast Event- "Ride or Die"

Are you in?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would be all in, but we just did this in the past 2 weeks. For 24 hour A/P driving, charging might get old. Im not that old, but 3 hours is a good interval for more causal travel. We found that in a typical 9 hour day of diving we averaged two 35min charging stops. If we got on the road by 9am with a full charge, stops were around lunch and dinner times. Worked out great!

This rally is a really cool idea! We didnt see nearly enough Tesla's at charges on our trip. Most were completely empty. Only got to talk to three other owners in 42 surpercharger visits.

Attachments

• TRip map.jpg
    TRip map.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: buttershrimp
Keep us up to date on the specifics. I'll be toodling across the country this summer, first New England to California (right to left for some of you, perhaps in more ways than one). But we will have to make it home sometime, so the return trip looks very likely as well.

Would love to join in a portion, though I was thinking of Smokey and the Bandit instead of Cannonball Run. It's a Gidget thing of mine...

• Love
Reactions: buttershrimp
I would think New England AND California would be Left, leaving the center of the country the Right. But Smokey and the Bandit was Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas, traditionally, yeah that's more right-leaning, or at least non-progressive. Is there still a Right?

-Randy

View attachment 310480 Bonnie, you must dress up like this and drive the Semi Truck on the journey.

This got me thinking: Tesla could support this caravan by supplying one of their Electric Semi with a tank trailer full of electrons. Kind of KC-135 style. As we are cruising down the freeway the various vehicles in the pack could pull up behind the tank and a charging cable would extend out the back to plug in without anyone having to stop.

Now the down side would be that we would all have to recycle lots of 2-liter soda bottles and plastic grocery bags (without any leaks) along the way. At least Elon thought ahead and included Bio-Defense mode so we can reduce the smell when we have to use these options. And don't forget to stop at Costco before leaving to stock up on a case of Baby wipes and Toilet paper.

Bonus points for routing through truck stops, Flying J, etc., so that people who wouldn't ordinarily see something like this will be blown away by an EV caravan. Don't forget biker bars.

Bonus points for special points of interest, like stopping by drag strips and knocking off ICEs in a few races.

And major American landmarks.

Bonus points for routing through large city centers / state capitols for attention.

Bonus points for large stickers on the cars (say, covering most of a door), so there's another message/theme opportunity.

Bonus points for pulling into local TV station parking lots, 100 cars at a time. Or maybe circling them repeatedly. Especially Fox News.

Lots of drones for aerial photography. Simulcast on FB, YouTube, ...?

You go, guy!

Alan

Look, if you are going to pull out all the stops, we will need some (ahem, cough) young and attractive volunteers to accompany us throughout the journey to jump out the cars at each Supercharger stop to plug our vehicles in. Then while we are away attending to our various personal needs, the young and attractive volunteers could distribute leaflets to passersby, clean off the windshields, making sure to lean w-a-a-a-y over to reach as far as they can, and smile while waving their arms at the phalanx of Teslas all plugged in.

Look, if you are going to pull out all the stops, we will need some (ahem, cough) young and attractive volunteers to accompany us throughout the journey to jump out the cars at each Supercharger stop to plug our vehicles in. Then while we are away attending to our various personal needs, the young and attractive volunteers could distribute leaflets to passersby, clean off the windshields, making sure to lean w-a-a-a-y over to reach as far as they can, and smile while waving their arms at the phalanx of Teslas all plugged in.

OK, but I want to warn you that what may start as a good idea, will likely end up with something .... well....

topless_car_wash_appeal_511cb09217.jpg