Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buyer Beware! Tesla Ups Price on order by $1790.00 and And Does not Refund Order fee of $250.00!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. I have a better question, have you read it? Because nothing in it indicates I have agreed to this buying experience. NOTHING.
So, you placed an order with a non refundable deposit. Didn't sign the contract in a timely manner and are now upset that they kept your deposit and cancelled the order?

In your mind, how long should they have pulled the vehicle out of inventory for you to think about? If you wanted to wait, you should have just purchased a full priced Y. The discounted Y's are selling very quickly. Time is money, as they say.

So, you placed an order with a non refundable deposit. Didn't sign the contract in a timely manner and are now upset that they kept your deposit and cancelled the order?

In your mind, how long should they have pulled the vehicle out of inventory for you to think about? If you wanted to wait, you should have just purchased a full priced Y. The discounted Y's are selling very quickly. Time is money, as they say.
They didn't cancel the order, they changed the price. I cancelled the order after the price changed. :)

Why did you not respond to them for 3 days? How were they supposed to know what your intentions were without any response? Were you not ready to buy? If you had told them hey I need a couple more days to work with my bank or whatever, they probably would have held it longer for you. Communication is key.

What you did was essentially the same as waking into a car dealer. Pointing to a car in stock and telling the salesman I want that one. Hold it for me I’ll be back. And then completely ghost them with no response.

Why did you not respond to them for 3 days? How were they supposed to know what your intentions were without any response? Were you not ready to buy? If you had told them hey I need a couple more days to work with my bank or whatever, they probably would have held it longer for you. Communication is key.

What you did was essentially the same as waking into a car dealer. Pointing to a car in stock and telling the salesman I want that one. Hold it for me I’ll be back. And then completely ghost them with no response

I don't agree Alex. I set a delivery date and I did not ghost them. They could have picked up the phone and called me anytime. The first time they did was after they stole my $250.00.

Just to clarify, they did not cancel my order, they just changed it to a full price car. They said they released the car to inventory because I did not complete tasks by 4 PM Sunday after ordering the car 3 days prior.

So you didn't follow the outlined purchase process and you didn't return their phone calls. I have plenty of criticisms about Tesla as a company, but this is totally on you.

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 3.19.32 PM.png

I love how people drip drip drip out the actual details of the story in cases like this...
I love how the MO of this forum is to attack anyone that criticizes Tesla. Tesla's approach to customers, is abhorrent and dysfunctional. They are losing two potential sales. They seem to get in their own way every time you try to buy a car from them. I don't want anything resolved. I just want my story heard. I am done with this brand (and leadership).

I love how the MO of this forum is to attack anyone that criticizes Tesla. Tesla's approach to customers, is abhorrent and dysfunctional. They are losing two potential sales. They seem to get in their own way every time you try to buy a car from them. I don't want anything resolved. I just want my story heard. I am done with this brand (and leadership).

You didn't perform the steps required to take delivery of the car. Those steps need to be done prior to delivery. I'd cancel your order too.

You didn't perform the steps required to take delivery of the car. Those steps need to be done prior to delivery. I'd cancel your order too.
Lets unpack that brilliant statement for a moment. You wouldn't call the client? Try and keep the order? You would rather piss people off by taking their $250.00. In what single way is your approach superior to an approach that keeps the client happy AND sells a car, because I can name many ways in which your post is truly stupidly inferior.

Also they did not cancel the order, they changed the price, TWICE.

NAME ONE WAY.

Reactions: B.K.
Tesla stores are much more high volume than a regular dealer. They also usually have tiny lots so they’re trying to get older stock gone asap before a new shipment comes.

The employee doesn’t make a commission off your sale and they have dozens of orders to deliver at any given time. They aren’t going to hand hold you and bend over backwards to sell you a car. You’re not doing them a favor by buying their car like at a regular dealer. Tesla does not care. If you don’t buy it they have other people that want it.

Not saying this is the correct way to do things, but this is how they operate currently. I do think it will come back to bite them eventually if they don’t offer better customer service.

Did you even complete all the pre delivery tasks and secure a loan etc? Or you just agreed to a delivery date and didn’t do anything else?

Lets unpack that brilliant statement for a moment. You wouldn't call the client? Try and keep the order? You would rather piss people off by taking their $250.00. In what single way is your approach superior to an approach that keeps the client happy AND sells a car, because I can name many ways in which your post is truly stupidly inferior.

Also they did not cancel the order, they changed the price, TWICE.

NAME ONE WAY.

I don’t know why you expect to be treated differently. I had burning questions about the free supercharging transfer for my Y leading up to my delivery. All done through the Tesla app and texts. I had zero expectation they would call me.

Reactions: Krobbler
I don’t know why you expect to be treated differently. I had burning questions about the free supercharging transfer for my Y leading up to my delivery. All done through the Tesla app and texts. I had zero expectation they would call me.
Differently? They had no problem calling me after they increased the price! They had no problem reaching out every other time I bought a Tesla. Just an ass**** CEO creating an ass**** culture.

You didn't respond to their requests to fulfill your obligations under the order agreement. Sounds like pricing changed during the period of your radio silence. This is really the end of the story. Bitch and moan about it all you want but it sounds like you'd be much better served somewhere else. Tesla isn't obligated to put up with your BS any more than you are theirs.

Last edited:
You didn't respond to their requests to fulfill your obligations under the order agreement. Sounds like pricing changed during the period of your radio silence. This is really the end of the story. Bitch and moan about it all you want but it sounds like you'd be much better served somewhere else. Tesla isn't obligated to put up with your BS any more than you are theirs.

Ok I will bitch and moan all I want. Thanks.

• Funny
Reactions: Yelobird