Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

buying a P3D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BLKMDL3

Supporting Member
I have a LR RWD 3 now VIN 2386 and I might pull the plug on a P3D. I'll get $42k for her and I owe $35k so thats $7k in my pocket, but the P3D I want is a demo thats $59000 so I would owe $17k-$7k so $10k but -$7500 for tax credit so I would be only $2.5k out of pocket. Something also great is that I need new tires so thats -$1250 so I would only be $1,250 out of pocket for a P3D. I have 12k miles now, and a few scratches and dings so I guess its worth it. Thoughts?
I could also say if the fam thinks i'm an idiot that I got $7500 off once so then I'm $6,250 ahead if you think about it that way.
anyone have thoughts/concerns

I think you will regret NOT doing it.

You drive like *sugar* already with just the RWD. Imagine all the damage you would do with a P. ;)

Good luck, have fun!

Edit: There's probably more numbers like tax, registration, modifications not counted in original car - and need to be added to new car but its an emotional decision - not a financial one.

I think you will regret NOT doing it.

You drive like *sugar* already with just the RWD. Imagine all the damage you would do with a P. ;)

Good luck, have fun!

Edit: There's probably more numbers like tax, registration, modifications not counted in original car - and need to be added to new car but its an emotional decision - not a financial one.
Oh I did snow donuts on Sunday with mine. It’s a decent financial decision but it’s for my sanity bc my car won’t go above 140.
It looks like you're not accounting for sales tax on the $59,000 P3D? Still worth it though.. nice find on that demo
Nice catch. That’ll be like $5k so $6250 out of pocket. Still not bad.

Reactions: MXWing
59000 is like 65k out the door

with 7k down you are at 58000 - 7500 = 50500

your current balance is 35000

net cost is around 15500 as new loan would be 50500

also are you assuming a 42k sale price or you have an offer for that? seems a little to be honest