Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a Reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before I pull the plug on this one, I would like to ask the community about any potential issues of buying a reservation from another person. There are a couple of ads on CL that I have reached out and been informed that the "process is easy", that "I would be qualified for the tax credits", that "I would only pay the money once the car is under my name" etc. Your thoughts?

Tesla Model 3 Reservation - Feb Delivery

TESLA MODEL 3 RESERVATION

If this would be allowed everyone with a reservation could earn thousands of dollars by simply making a reservation. This topic has been dealt with in other threads and from what I remember the reservation can only be transferred to close family (parents, children, spouse). You could always call Tesla and hear what they have to say about this.

I have heard of people buying one. Basically you pay whatever the seller wants, they configure the car for you with your specs you either cover their $1000 + 2500 for deposit or you hand over your cc number to them. They put you as registration info and I guess you pick it up?? You also have to give them your license and insurance card. Lots of trust.

Click on the 2 CL links I posted at the top. There are 2 current reservations for sale in Orange County. One costs $2500 and other costs $3000. They both sound legit. I did chat with Tesla this morning and was informed that "reservation is not allowed for sale, it can only be transferred with a Tesla written consent". I'm just going to wait my turn. Status: Not a current owner with an Apr-Jun delivery estimate, trying anything I can to get it sooner....