Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying Question: P90DL or P100D in 2022?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I recently sold my Long Range 3 and want to upgrade to an S. I'm looking at the used section on Tesla's site and they have two cars that have taken my interest.

First is a 2016 P90DL:
- 69,000 miles
- Autopilot w/convenience features
- Smart air suspension
- Subzero weather package
Priced at $60,500.

Second is a 2017 P100DL:
- 50,000 miles
- Basic autopilot
- Smart air suspension
- Subzero weather package
Priced at $68,400.

Is the extra $8,000 worth the bump to the P100D or should I just save the money and go with the P90DL?
For what it's worth, I don't drive a whole lot so the extra range isn't a huge factor to me.
I'm more just concerned that the mileage on the P90DL is kind of high and those batteries may have issues outside of the provided two year warranty.

Thank you for any input.

What is the warranty expiration date on each?

Is the p90dl a facelift? or pre-facelift?

Any other distinguishing features? (sunroof, PUP, premium sound, ventilated seats?)

On its own I would be worried about taking possession of a car with 69,000 miles on it unless I was only planning to keep it for a year or 2. That being said, I would also be worried about a 50,000 miles car, but that could be just me.

My understanding also is the 90s have long term battery issues? but maybe im wrong on that?

On its own I am not sure 19,000 miles less is worth 8,000 more, but with other factors it could very well be.

I would get the p100d if you can afford it. Aside from having more range and being faster, the 100 kilowatt hour battery packs are better designed and typically degrade much less quickly, the 90 kilowatt hour battery packs have some pretty serious known issues. On top of that, the p100d will have better seats, ap2, etc. I just bought a p100d two months ago for the reasons above and couldn't be happier.