Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA carpool sticker -- Best to order in November for 2021?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another vote for January 1st here. Gotta maximize that HOV access time. Probably also noteworthy that I’m not planning on putting them on my car until I have to start commuting again, so I’ll just lock them up somewhere in the interim.

If you buy a car as ugly as the prius for the greater good of less emissions, they should just give you an Hov sticker as a consolation prize

Prius should get a red sticker that limits them to driving in the slow lane, otherwise they end up going 64 MPH in the carpool lane and ruining everyone's day. Plus who buys a Prius these days other than Uber drivers?

Purchased 10/28 and got CA DMV registration plates and papers today in mail. However I am planning to go to AAA on Monday and exchange these plates with a personalized plate I have from an old (now sold) car. Anyway my question is we should still apply for car pool on Jan 1, 2021 to get an additional year, right?

Purchased 10/28 and got CA DMV registration plates and papers today in mail. However I am planning to go to AAA on Monday and exchange these plates with a personalized plate I have from an old (now sold) car. Anyway my question is we should still apply for car pool on Jan 1, 2021 to get an additional year, right?
Yes, what counts is the first time you apply for the stickers, not the registration date. You could buy a 5 year old EV from out-of-state, and get the same carpool stickers as on a brand new EV.

Yes, what counts is the first time you apply for the stickers, not the registration date. You could buy a 5 year old EV from out-of-state, and get the same carpool stickers as on a brand new EV.
More precisely, what counts is when the DMV issues the stickers, which can be weeks after one applies.

But deferring your application til 1/1/21 is a sure fire way to get the latest stickers.

Reactions: frankvb

That's what I did today. Didn't want to be affected by stay at home orders. My plates arrived today and went to local AAA. They do a pager system @ Montrose. Waited in car, watched some Google TV in car for 30 minutes and then they paged me.

Had one form already done online, but I had to swap from an older car the Legacy plates. So it needed new plates. So total of 4 forms and $15.

I plan on mailing my form for HOV, last few days of this year.

Reactions: mnsweeps
That's what I did today. Didn't want to be affected by stay at home orders. My plates arrived today and went to local AAA. They do a pager system @ Montrose. Waited in car, watched some Google TV in car for 30 minutes and then they paged me.

Had one form already done online, but I had to swap from an older car the Legacy plates. So it needed new plates. So total of 4 forms and $15.

I plan on mailing my form for HOV, last few days of this year.

can you link me the forms I need to pre-fill before I head to AAA on Monday? That way I can shorten my time there. Thanks for info by the way.

Jesus, I picked up 9/30 and only have my title. Still waiting on my registration and plates.

Call Tesla and make sure they send in the papers through the 3rd party they use for DMV services. They must have dropped the ball on your registration.

Couple of coworkers who also picked up on 9/30 are still waiting as well. I called my SA 2-3 weeks ago and his guidance was to "just wait"

SA did send over all the docs that were filled out and signed for my registration/tags, so hopefully not a case of someone dropping the ball. Have requested a follow up from the SA, so we'll see what the issue is hopefully.

It's blue for 2021!

bluedecal-e1608146859706.jpg