Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cable under garage, good pass thru

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wall Connector- what's a good product to put the cable thru underneath the garage door? I don't want any gaps for vermin to get in. If using something that wraps around cord, when charging ok to leave that piece on the cable and ok to leave it hanging but not touching the actual wall charger? I don't want to pinch the cable. For ease of use, I'd rather not be putting and taking off something off the cord. Thoughts?

I got this and it not only works great, but it also looks pretty decent and it was cheap too (im also a huge fan of their phone cases). I was worried it would cause my garage door to close improperly but pleased to say that isn't a problem. It's also nice that it was designed with the OD of the Tesla wall charger/mobile charger cables in mind.

• Helpful
Reactions: 804son
Upvote 0
Wall Connector- what's a good product to put the cable thru underneath the garage door? I don't want any gaps for vermin to get in. If using something that wraps around cord, when charging ok to leave that piece on the cable and ok to leave it hanging but not touching the actual wall charger? I don't want to pinch the cable. For ease of use, I'd rather not be putting and taking off something off the cord. Thoughts?
There are a number of products made of hard plastic that can be used, but if you're that concerned about mice or something similar, they can really squeeze through almost any tiny space. I'm not sure they would work with an automatic door opener either. I charged may car outside for the first six months of ownership, and had a bit of a gap in the rubber grommet on the bottom. I guess you could simply make a slice in that and then maybe stuff a rag into any gap that might appear. You could also install the Wall Connector on the outside - it's water proof. That way, no worries about this issue.

Upvote 0
I don't have a wall connector, but I did have my 14-50 outlet for my mobile connector installed in my garage. Both my cars are parked in my driveway, so I drilled a sizeable hole in my wall to my driveway and put a cover on it, then slid the cable through. Has been working fine!

Upvote 0
I use this, small and cheap.

IMG_6963.jpeg

Cable Protector for Electric Car... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C2CWMRJM?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Reactions: carlos31820
Upvote 0