Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cadillac vs Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I accelerate many times on a drive. I travel at 120 mph and higher only in my imagination. When I think of "faster", in my world, that means stomping on the throttle, not top end.
I also think Charge - is a financial transaction or a legal accusation. Now I have to think of electrical fillup.
Rate - means speed of electrical fillup , the cost of time, and opinion of value. We do have a bunch of meanings to our words. Could Biden have a different basis than the bet taker??

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
It's embarrassing that Biden didn't know about the Tesla or it's performance but somehow knew that Cadillac had crawled out of their 10 year "old-people-mobile" slump. This is why we cant have nice things...err...competent politicians.

It's embarrassing that Biden didn't know about the Tesla or it's performance but somehow knew that Cadillac had crawled out of their 10 year "old-people-mobile" slump. This is why we cant have nice things...err...competent politicians.[/QUOTE

VP Biden is a Corvette guy through and through...he has a 1967 model. I suspect he thought the CTS-V with the Corvette engine just HAD to be faster than the Tesla. Here's a Jalopnik article describing his 'cred' : You Better Believe Joe Biden Loves The New Corvette Z06

Needless to say, he definitely needs to get behind the wheel of a P90DL (P100DL?) next January.

Biden went to suckle on UAW teat not long ago, and told them how much he admired the C7 Z06. I guess his press staff forgot to mention that a typical auto worker cannot afford used C7 Z06, much less a new one ($80-$130k). He probably should have said Stingray which is an attainable goal for most workers at $55,400.

Kind of like going to a BBQ and telling everybody how much you like caviar.

• Funny
Reactions: EinSV and GoTslaGo
Perhaps Biden was thinking of the Hennessey HPE1000 CTS-V.

2016 Cadillac CTS-V HPE1000 Upgrade

The mere HPE750 does O-60 in 3.2s and has a 3Y Warranty.

2016 Cadillac CTS-V HPE750 Upgrade

No time was listed for the HPE1000, but it would give the P90DL a challenge.
(30 MPH roll, anyone?)

So a heavy RWD ICE can rival an AWD EV and for roughly the same cost, when equipped to comparable performance levels.

I'm a fan of both cars.
Drove the stock CTS-V at Cadillacs Performance Driving Event at Circuit of the Americas [COTA] and its an impressive performer.

Last edited:
'but the bet was "fastest"'

The Tesla is fastest to 60. Biden never said max top speed.

fast:
adjective
  1. Moving or capable of moving at high speed.
Now I'm no linguistics expert, but I think 60 mph being considered "high speed" is somewhat debatable and relativistic.

On the other hand...

quick:
adjective
  1. Moving fast or doing something in a short time.