Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the info! Gorgeous color, too! Are the wheels underneath the Gemini 19" already black or did you have those painted / powdercoated? They look great and kinda make me wish I would've saved the $2K on the Induction 20s.
Thank you! Only considered white or MSM and didn’t want to be the 5th white Tesla on my block so went with MSM.

Those are the stock wheels underneath the Gemini covers. I painted them and the covers black since I plan on using them as spares when i eventually upgrade to better looking wheels and tires (save $2k for now and use that money towards better sets).
F1BE4484-E4B4-49D4-BEA1-FB386BF978BC.jpeg
CD9E56D5-69D2-4FA1-8DDF-BF5571C17964.jpeg

How can you tell it's to your house? Is it because your address is listed under the "Delivery appointment"?
Your personal address below delivery appointment is one indicator (mine listed the SC address and the SC called me to confirm) and your text will look like what I’ve attached.

Mine only gave me option pick up in October and my friend’s that ordered on Friday and getting delivered to his house this Thursday (we called SC to confirm too).

699FA57D-D8C4-4B31-9288-A9980A6D8DF8.jpeg
4C471B8C-7C12-40C0-96CF-84F395600F95.jpeg

I got my car today. The build looks good but the touchscreen has been a big concern for me. All of the sudden, it stopped responding. i noticed it happened when i used web browser, entertainment, and some of features in the toy box. I had to do several reboots to make it work again. Then when night mode was on, the screen kept flashing/blinking. I checked the software and its still 2020.xx.xxx even tho it says up to date. Should I contact service for this problem?

I got my car today. The build looks good but the touchscreen has been a big concern for me. All of the sudden, it stopped responding. i noticed it happened when i used web browser, entertainment, and some of features in the toy box. I had to do several reboots to make it work again. Then when night mode was on, the screen kept flashing/blinking. I checked the software and its still 2020.xx.xxx even tho it says up to date. Should I contact service for this problem?
As an operating systems engineer at Apple this definitely seems like a software issue. However, just to be safe setup a service appointment and notate the issue. You only have 24 hours to make a claim for good will. Though this would probably fall under warranty if it were to be a hardware issue. Try to get a video of the issue incase the service center says they can't reproduce the issue.

Since this is likely a software issue, there's a very good chance it is already fixed. One thing annoying about Teslas is that your VIN has to be entered into their Software Update system before you can get updates. I've heard that can take up to a month. So if it's a known issue that is fixed, you might have to wait. However, the service centers can manually update the software.

Last edited:
Reactions: cris97
Good morning all. Purchased my first Tesla on March 8th. No Vin# yet and original delivery date was March 18-29, I'm in the LA area. Checked this morning, still no Vin#, but the delivery window changed to March 17-21.

Long Range All-Wheel Drive
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Tow Hitch

Good morning all. Purchased my first Tesla on March 8th. No Vin# yet and original delivery date was March 18-29, I'm in the LA area. Checked this morning, still no Vin#, but the delivery window changed to March 17-21.

Long Range All-Wheel Drive
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Tow Hitch
Update after 10 minutes of posting. Vin#1495XX

As an operating systems engineer at Apple this definitely seems like a software issue. However, just to be safe setup a service appointment and notate the issue. You only have 24 hours to make a claim for good will. Though this would probably fall under warranty if it were to be a hardware issue. Try to get a video of the issue incase the service center says they can't reproduce the issue.

Since this is likely a software issue, there's a very good chance it is already fixed. One thing annoying about Teslas is that your VIN has to be entered into their Software Update system before you can get updates. I've heard that can take up to a month. So if it's a known issue that is fixed, you might have to wait. However, the service centers can manually update the software.
Thanks! I scheduled a service last night. There was a post that had similar issue and they replaced the entire screen!

Reactions: Jemblue7my
I ordered 2/8/21, still no VIN and no delivery estimate on my account. Midnight silver, Induction rims, black interior. Am I doing something wrong?
I’m in the same situation. I ordered later though (2/28), so I assumed that’s why I don’t have a delivery window. I’m out of town starting on the 27th though, so I think there’s a decent chance I’ll miss my delivery window.

Trying to be as patient as possible! I’m also in the Bay Area, and it sounds like everyone in the Bay Area are getting the last of the delivery so that Tesla can meet their Q1 goals. I have a delivery estimate of March 18 to March 28 as of this morning, but it keeps changing everyday. I ordered my MY, solid black, induction wheels, no FSD, no tow hitch on 03/05. No VIN as of this posting. But getting anxious!

Has anyone else been unable to contact their local showroom / delivery center? Mine is Rocklin (Northern CA), and they haven't picked up the phone since early last week, nor has my SA responded to email

(edit): I had to call the Fremont location to update my loan info

Wow if you guys don’t have an estimate delivery and it’s been a while try calling the delivery center.
SoCal was 714-545-1800 option 4

I just called and she said my account was on hold because I was considering delaying delivery till April. FYI, anything you email to your sa is recorded for anyone to see.

She then released my account for immediate delivery so we will see. She said I should get a vin within 1 to 2 weeks.